• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rayman Legends
  3. Anyone read the end of GS review?

User Info: glyde69

glyde69
5 years ago#1
Was that some kind of a joke? Basically said the game was flawless except for ONE thing. Which was the game over screen for females showed a panty shot or something.

What is this guy trying to prove? That he is a woman? He trying to score girls by being an Internet hero speaking for ALL women?

I'm confused at what this world is turning into these days.
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785

User Info: cronoknight

cronoknight
5 years ago#2
The world is turning into a cesspool of feminist garbage being crammed down our throats by people who don't even like video games. We live in dark times my friend.
PSN ID: crono_knight
backloggery.com/crono_knight

User Info: Sp8cemanSpiff

Sp8cemanSpiff
5 years ago#3
I don't really have a problem with the fact that gender equality issues in games are being talked about more frequently. But some people just don't know where and when to stop and have taken an otherwise important debate (if you want to all it that. More like a knee jerk reaction really) to such extremes it's becoming more and more farcical by the day. Someone also wrote something along the lines of "thank god the disgustingly sexist depictions of the fairies from Rayman Origins are a thing of the past now". So the fairies are sexist now too? Are you ****ing kidding me?
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis

User Info: joachim005

joachim005
5 years ago#4
I don't see the problem.

When a character dies, he/she turns into a giant, fat blob. I doubt a giant fat blob girl would be seen as "sexy" for the players, even if there's some pantsu.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
5 years ago#5
After reading the review I thought "panty shot? Nice." Played the game and never noticed any panty shots. I play exclusively the female characters and never noticed any panty shots.

I read his Wii U review that came out today and again see panty shots mentioned, now paying attention, saw it was suppose to be when the female avatars die... and WOW. The reviewer is a complete moron. Their butt/lower half blows up like a balloon in a cartoonish way. Big whoop. Nothing even remotely sexual or creepy about it.

User Info: ShaunageAU

ShaunageAU
5 years ago#6
It is creepy, and frankly it made me want to throw up. It's really out of place here.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

joachim005
5 years ago#7
ShaunageAU posted...
It is creepy, and frankly it made me want to throw up. It's really out of place here.

It could have been way worse. They could have chosen to show her NAKED under that kilt skirt outfit.

User Info: BarbRayLegend

BarbRayLegend
5 years ago#8
joachim005 posted...
ShaunageAU posted...

It could have been way worse. They could have chosen to show her NAKED under that kilt skirt outfit.

Actually, that would probably increase sales quite a bit... for the wrong reasons of course.

joachim005
5 years ago#9

Actually, that would probably increase sales quite a bit... for the wrong reasons of course.

And warrant the game a "PEGI 18" and ESRB Mature" rating!

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
5 years ago#10
glyde69 posted...
Was that some kind of a joke? Basically said the game was flawless except for ONE thing. Which was the game over screen for females showed a panty shot or something.

What is this guy trying to prove? That he is a woman? He trying to score girls by being an Internet hero speaking for ALL women?

I'm confused at what this world is turning into these days.

People who strike out with the ladies tend to go a bit overboard. There was some raging dork I used to work with who'd be all chivalrous, but nobody could stand him. Girls like jerks more.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
  1. Boards
  2. Rayman Legends
  3. Anyone read the end of GS review?
  • Topic Archived