• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Swap Force
  3. Skylanders/Mini Sidekicks!

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
4 years ago#1
I just saw this, and I didn't see anyone talking about it here.

http://www.darkspyro.net/news/106491/

The Sidekicks will be playable in the future, and they will reissue previous ones, and add to the batch for a full 16. Existing ones you have will function same as the new red base ones. I will definitely be hunting down a full set of them then. I guess this makes up for Swap force not having any sidekicks.

My niece will be extremely happy, as she always wanted to play as Minijini. I only have Terrabite and her so far. I guess the original 6 just got added to the hit list.

full list: (the character they are mini's of)

Water: Gill Runt(Gill Grunt), Thumpling, (Thumpback)

Earth:Terrabite(Terrafin), Bop (Bash)

Fire:Small Fry(Fryno), Weeruptor, (Eruptor)

Life:Whisper Elf(Stealth Elf), Barkley (Tree rex),

Tech:Trigger Snappy(Trigger Happy), Drobit (Drobot)

Magic:Mini-Jini (Ninijini), Spry (Spyro)

Air:Pet-Vac (Jet Vac), Breeze(Whirlwind),

Undead:Eye-Small(Eyebrawl), Hijinx (Hex)
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: motosada

motosada
4 years ago#2
Check the 360 Trap Team board, brah. :3
Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't coming back.

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
4 years ago#3
Yeah, we're getting dangerously close to having to migrate over to another board. Are we just all moving to the 360 Trap Team board?
GamerTag (360/XB1) - Lord Elohim | PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita) - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades

Lastjustice
4 years ago#4
I wasn't sure if we were moving there yet. I suppose I should look what's there then.

motosada
4 years ago#5
I tend to keep tabs on all the boards. Plus, since I'm still playing Swap-Force, who knows what questions I'll end up having?

Lastjustice
4 years ago#6
motosada posted...
I tend to keep tabs on all the boards. Plus, since I'm still playing Swap-Force, who knows what questions I'll end up having?

I've done all the achievements if you have any questions, granted most of it is just busy work going thru the game over and over in different modes. Most of it I did slowly playing thru with my sister's kids after I initially beat the game. I also reached portal master lvl 80, but I did not 3 star all the lvls, swap zone challenges, or special missions. I figured getting lvl 80 and all the achievements was enough. I still play it as I get pick up new characters, but mostly in short bursts. I am mostly just waiting for the Trap team now.

motosada
4 years ago#7
See, what's gonna drive me insane is, I never got the Ultimate Portal Master rank on the first two games, either. I just hated the time trials; my mind is wired to go off and explore. Ugh.

And some of those Swapzones are bullcrap. Especially the Spin and Climb ones. :T

Lastjustice
4 years ago#8
motosada posted...
See, what's gonna drive me insane is, I never got the Ultimate Portal Master rank on the first two games, either. I just hated the time trials; my mind is wired to go off and explore. Ugh.

I got 3 stars in a lot of the levels in the first 2 games, but never all of them. In Spryo's most of the time's were pretty soft if you were hauling ass for the goal line. In giants the times are a bit more difficult to get (I still got like half the stages 3 stars.), other than lower the difficulty to easy generally makes getting the top times doable if I really cared. Works well in swap force, as I was able to get the best times fairly easily for time attack. Due to whole Swap zones, those are very easy to restrain myself from running off to do them when I'm on the clock since they have such a separation between the rest of the game and the way they are played.

The Score modes probably took the most effort simply because required milking levels to hit the total. If you play in nightmare the totals become easier to get usually, but it's just not a fun experience. You need do every single thing you can to make sure, doesn't matter if you don't feel like doing teleporting mini game. You knock it out anyways.

And some of those Swapzones are bullcrap. Especially the Spin and Climb ones. :T

Spin is actually one of the easier ones to 3 star. Just requires more patience, but you have absolute control over whether or you use the super spin. you can always get the star for not super spinning 1 run, then focus on getting all the medals the next. I dislike teleporting since it's so easy to screw up and have to start over. Climb is ok, as I generally just got 2 stars on those toward my lvl 80 portal master rank. I didn't care go thru and do enough in nightmare(I think was 36 lvls) to unlock whatever it gets you.

Ultimately Swap Zones are something I can gladly watch not be part of Trap Team.(Or reduced to some mini games that are only used in the level select screen, not something in regular lvls.) I hope the trappers have a more integral power like giants did in their game.

motosada
4 years ago#9
lastjustice posted...
Ultimately Swap Zones are something I can gladly watch not be part of Trap Team.(Or reduced to some mini games that are only used in the level select screen, not something in regular lvls.) I hope the trappers have a more integral power like giants did in their game.

Hear, hear!! It seems like the Trapmasters are going to be used to unlock the elemental gates now (which, boo!!), will have obstacles only they can break (like the boulders), as well as unlocking battles against a good chunk of the trappable Villains (a la Feats of Strength.)
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Swap Force
  3. Skylanders/Mini Sidekicks!
  • Topic Archived