• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Swap Force
  3. Frito Lay Fire Bone Hot Dog Treasure Figure Promotion

User Info: motosada

motosada
4 years ago#1
Lord, that's a long title...

Anyway! Since we aren't getting Sidekicks with Swap-Force, we're gonna be getting... Fire Bone Hot Dog treasure figures!
That's right; figures. Plural.

So, here's the deal; find the bags, download the necessary AR app (it's even on Windows Phone, which, pathetically, seems incredible to me!!) and scan the back of the bag with it, wait, and then try your hand at winning one of three different versions of the white (or metallic?) Fire Bone Hot Dog; red, violet, or green flame variations.

So, uh... Good hunting, you poor bastards! :D
Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't coming back.

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
4 years ago#2
Yet another poorly executed contest. It took me about three minutes just to finally scan the bag correctly. These will not be easy to get.
GamerTag (360/XB1) - Lord Elohim | PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita) - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades

motosada
4 years ago#3
Eh. No big loss (except for the treasure figure collectors.)
Still less of a pain, though, than the Sidekicks, or the Quickdraw Rattle Shake promotions. D:

LordElohim
4 years ago#4
See, that's the thing, these Hot Fogs aren't treasure figures, they're promotional figures. To me, that means I will need at least one, if not all three. The treasure Hot Dog will remain valuable despite the existence of these, whereas these will be roughly as valuable as any other Frito Lay promo figures. Also, and maybe my phone is just old, it took like 20-30 seconds or more of hovering the camera on the bag for the app to work, which feels ridiculous. At least the Rattle Shake promotion had an exploit. I am wondering if this app will work with a picture of one of the bags or standees.

motosada
4 years ago#5
Well, okay. Wait. What's the difference between a "treasure" figure and a "promotional" figure?

LordElohim
4 years ago#6
These Hot Dog figures for Frito Lay aren't treasure figures, they're promo figures. You can find the treasure Hot Dog in the wild, these you can not. The paint app of the promo is a treasure paint app, but the colored bones make it a promo and not a treasure.

motosada
4 years ago#7
huh.
Well, anyway, I just got screwed out of one. I found a bag, scanned it, and it asked me for my info. I opened up my address book to get my new address, went back to the app, and it refreshed! So, I'm pretty bummed out!

motosada
4 years ago#8
I guess I just had to call their customer service and give them the info. But from what I was told, the figures will be randomly delivered! That's gonna cause some panic!!

LordElohim
4 years ago#9
Just won my first Hot Dog. I say first because I need to check the rules, but optimally I would like to get each of the three colors. Just checked while I was writing this, up to (4) per person/household, so I'm good.

Second, in case anyone stumbles in here that doesn't have a smart phone, or doesn't get out to a store very often, or whatever, you can also try once a day by phone, the number is 1-800-978-3765. You will have to provide phone number and date of birth to "play," and according to the rules, you may only play once per day per person, so you can't use the app and the phone number unless you are providing different information. Though that leads me to my next point.

Basically, you can try as many times a day as you have friends that would be willing to let you have it shipped to them. You can just make a list of their phone number/DoB info and address, and if you win, have it shipped to them. I, personally, will be making 4+ attempts per day, until I get tired of trying, which happened with Rattle Shake.

Also, you do not physically need the bag to use the app, so long as you have a picture of the back of the bag, and something besides the device you are using to scan it from. I have a phone, an iPod Touch, and an iPad, as well as Dropbox on all three. So, I can display the picture on my iPad and scan it with the phone and the iTouch, and then display it on one of the other two to scan it with the iPad.

Hopefully all this info will be helpful.

motosada
4 years ago#10
So, he's showing up now! :D

http://instagram.com/p/rVfvIqoEvW/
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Swap Force
  3. Frito Lay Fire Bone Hot Dog Treasure Figure Promotion
  • Topic Archived