• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Are there permanent missables

User Info: nova_eklypse

nova_eklypse
1 month ago#1
I know this game has tons of missables, and it also has a new game plus. Is there anything that is permanently missable? For example, if you miss it the first time, can you not get it in new game plus?

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#2
No, what you miss in NG can be obtained in NG+.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#3
Unless you make the same mistake. But to get everything might take more then two runs.
I believe in Liberty for all, Guns, the Bible and president Trump.

User Info: nova_eklypse

nova_eklypse
1 month ago#4
Thanks. I was shocked to see how many missable things were in this game. Someone told me this game was really good, but they also know that I hate the whole missable concept. I don't think missable items and content should even exist anymore in modern gaming. No one has at least given me a good reason for missable content yet.

jurbanik
1 month ago#5
There are no miss-able items but there are miss-able events. You sort of have to be at the right place at the right time to see some of them.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#6
A certain NPC in HOS DLC will offer you a boon to choose out of 4 boons (or optional 1 help - depending on T&C) if you side with him, so you can only choose 1. Maybe save before you choose and you can reload and get another boon to see what would you like for your next adventure to use.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
1 month ago#7
There's nothing missable that affects your ability to complete the game.

One of the themes of the series is consequence - choices you make lead to different outcomes, you can't save everyone, you can't have everything, etc.

For how massive of a game it is there's surprisingly little that's missable if you take your time and don't just rush through the main quest til the end.

Seriously don't worry about it. If you're a 'thorough' sort of gamer that explores each area carefully you won't miss much and certainly nothing important. Between the base game and expansions you're easily looking at a 200 hour game if you take your time... if you obsess over every last detail you're never going to finish it!
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: maturin1919

maturin1919
1 month ago#8
nova_eklypse posted...
Thanks. I was shocked to see how many missable things were in this game. Someone told me this game was really good, but they also know that I hate the whole missable concept. I don't think missable items and content should even exist anymore in modern gaming. No one has at least given me a good reason for missable content yet.
Um, it's more realistic? That's life, mate. Do or don't do, consequences follow.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
(edited 1 month ago)

jurbanik
1 month ago#9
nova_eklypse posted...
No one has at least given me a good reason for missable content yet.

Well you might not think it's a good reason but there is a reason. And they don't make games just to satisfy what you want.

It's called multiple play throughs and easter eggs. You can't be everywhere all the time and some things are timed. Take the ghost ship. Very easy to miss as you have to be at a certain spot and time of day to see it.

User Info: Bronzescorpion

Bronzescorpion
4 weeks ago#10
nova_eklypse posted...
I don't think missable items and content should even exist anymore in modern gaming. No one has at least given me a good reason for missable content yet.
While I also hate missable I think it is a little different with games like these, because if the choices matter then it would lead to you missing something and getting something other. This could of course not affect items, but that can also make for some great choices.

The type I have an issue with is when you either are locked out of a trophy, which didn't needed to be case specific or when it leaves you with a noticeable incomplete compendium, stat screen or the like. The worst offender in this game IMO is a question mark in Skellige which can only be cleared if you choose one route in a rather major decision branch and that is just bad design. Either it forces you down that path or you have to live with that question mark for the rest of the game.
PSN: Bronzescorpions
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Are there permanent missables
  • Post New Message

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Game Script by Shotgunnova 3 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough (Portuguese) by ALCAM 3 years ago
Achievement/Trophy Speedrun Guide by optimusmart 3 years ago
Spoiler-Free Walkthrough (PC) by Rockstardreams 3 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough (XONE) by sokkus 3 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A