• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Question about a quest in Velen (Elves) SPOILERS!

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
2 months ago#1
What decision is the best decision to make in the quest:

Woodland Beast?

Tell the guy about their location (betray them)?

Not tell him of their location?

I read that if you betray them, there is a "possible" ambush later on, which will have a treasure chest at that location.

From Fandom:

"If you betrayed them, one possible ambush spot can be found just outside Novigrad near the Glory Gate signpost at night.The spot the Elves are camped at is marked as a Bandit Camp on your minimap but will be empty if you visit prior to getting this quest.If you kill the elves, you can find a treasure chest at the site. If you leave the elves alone, leave the site, and return shortly thereafter, all the elves will be gone and you can still loot the chest."

What is this talking about??

The spot where you meet them for the first time?

Or is this location with the treasure chest at the AMBUSH site?

I'm confused.

It is not about the destination, but the journey.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 months ago#2
Doesn't matter. No real impact on the game. The treasure is average stuff. So play what you think is best as it has very little if any impact.

Personally my Geralt tries to be neutral so I don't tell the guard about them. It's not my concern to get involved if its military vs military.
I believe in Liberty for all, Guns, the Bible and president Trump.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
2 months ago#3
I just did it last night. I think the best decision is to let them go but when you turn in contract to the captain, you snitch about them so you will get the pass and later will get more scene in Novigrad where the elf ambush you.

I didn't know about that, so I did the dick move, after I let them go, and get my weapon back, I equip my steel sword and attack & kill them on the spot. Well I really need letter of safe conduct to go to Oxenfurt. There I sold all the weapons and armors I've been hoarding since White Orchard and I went from 50 crowns to 4,000 crowns. Went back to Crow Perch and buy the Nilfgardian saddlebag for 320 crowns, it's expensive but I get +70 more capacity and won't worry about saddlebag until I get the better one which will be very late.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
2 months ago#4
jurbanik posted...
Doesn't matter. No real impact on the game. The treasure is average stuff. So play what you think is best as it has very little if any impact.

Personally my Geralt tries to be neutral so I don't tell the guard about them. It's not my concern to get involved if its military vs military.
I think being neutral is that you snitch about them, because you're tasked to investigate and from your investigation they're the culprit, but you don't kill them because it's not your business. If I read the wikia I'll snitch them, but I don't know and I fear I don't get the pass if I come back empty hand, I kill them after I let them go. Sigh if only this topic appears earlier.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
2 months ago#5
I'm going to snitch. I want the ambush scene later!
It is not about the destination, but the journey.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 months ago#6
kiss_utama posted...
I think being neutral is that you snitch about them, because you're tasked to investigate and from your investigation they're the culprit, but you don't kill them because it's not your business. If I read the wikia I'll snitch them, but I don't know and I fear I don't get the pass if I come back empty hand, I kill them after I let them go. Sigh if only this topic appears earlier.

I'm not sure Geralt would get involved and tell. Maybe he might as the first Witcher game was about picking sides in their fight.

As for the pass you can get there many way. Get fake pass, get pass from Baron or take a boat there and then fast travel in the future.
I believe in Liberty for all, Guns, the Bible and president Trump.

User Info: Dooeboy

Dooeboy
2 months ago#7
One of the things that make this game so amazing are the decisions you get to make and the consequences down the line.

Most people would prefer playing and discovering things organically especially considering this is the first playthrough.
"Making typos is not natural, it's carelessness or laziness. Or stupidity of course." by SainfFC of the GTA Online message board.

User Info: DABaracus

DABaracus
2 months ago#8
Bleakwail posted...
What is this talking about??

The spot where you meet them for the first time?

Or is this location with the treasure chest at the AMBUSH site?

I'm confused.
The last time I played this, I let them go & snitched on them. I figured that was the neutral option b/c I wasn't helping anyone; lying to the guard felt like I was helping the elves...

Anyway, having done that, the leader of the elves ambushed me just outside of Novigrad near where the elves live. It's just the 1 elf, so it's not much of a fight at all... You don't get much in the way of XP or loot.

The 1st time I played, I killed the elves, but I felt terrible about that afterward b/c after returning to the guard, he said he was going to start killing innocent elven refugees...

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 months ago#9
jurbanik posted...

This is usually how i play Geralt as well
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Question about a quest in Velen (Elves) SPOILERS!
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Game Script by Shotgunnova 3 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough (Portuguese) by ALCAM 3 years ago
Achievement/Trophy Speedrun Guide by optimusmart 3 years ago
Spoiler-Free Walkthrough (PC) by Rockstardreams 3 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough (XONE) by sokkus 3 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A