• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DABaracus

DABaracus
3 months ago#1
If you're looking to off-load crossbow bolts, the only merchant (I know of) who buys them is Hugo in Toussaint. Hugo is located at the Clever Clogs Tavern & is only available if you completed the Father Knows Worst side quest.

He starts off w/ 500 crowns, but whenever you return to him (after 5 days) he only refills at 150 crowns, if you saved all your bolts up to this point & want to sell it to him, it's going to take a considerable amount of time. I spent about 6 in-game months meditating in his tavern getting rid of all my bolts...

I've read from different boards that you have to reduce the amount merchants available all the way down to zero for them to restock... I don't know if that's true for other merchants, but you don't have to do this w/ Hugo. If you leave him w/ a few crowns & come back in 5 days, he'll have an add'l 150 crowns on top of what you left him w/...so if you leave him 3 crowns, when you come back he'll have 153...

The other great thing about Hugo is that he buys your junk at full price. So if you want to do some spring cleaning in your stash (Does anyone really need 250 vials?), he's the guy you want to see...

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
3 months ago#2
I wrote that topic about a year ago.
If you empty his coin to 0, go to Leboida Gate sign post, meditate for 1 hour or 1 day (I forget, 1 hour IIRC, you must try it yourself), he will refill 500 coins. But if you meditate for 5 days he will refill 600 coins. So it's faster than meditate 5 days to get 150 coins.

Other merchants also have the same system, empty their coins than meditate for 5 days to get them at fully replenish their coins.

For Hugo you must go to that sign post, other merchants you can just meditate in front of them.

Use trophies to make you sell your bolts faster. I explained it on the topic.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: DABaracus

DABaracus
3 months ago#3
Ok, thanks. I guess I didn't see the topic when I searched for topics regarding selling bolts...

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
3 months ago#4
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/77324675
I may wrong on some numbers because I didn't verify the exact numbers but you get the idea of it. I wrote it as I remembered it, thought it will be useful to players who want for sell quick.
Time I was on my way. So long.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A