• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Finding decoctions in inventory?

User Info: L000000T

L000000T
3 months ago#1
Apart from knowing exactly where decoctions live in your stash, Is there a way to consume decoctions without having to click around your inventory menu in search for the right one? I swear I spend 2 minutes searching for my decoctions every time I need to reapply Drives me nuts
PSN: Lion-whelp

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
3 months ago#2
Equip it in your consumable slot, you know the slots you put foods can be replaced with potion & decoctions. You then access it with D-Pad up/down button.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: RedDeadRedeemed

RedDeadRedeemed
3 months ago#3
Hold D-pad up down to switch from health to.potions. if that helps. You prob know that already.
Spencer Mansion Architect.Nearly died creating that shotgun room Spencers had hard time getting any sleep searching for Crescent key just to unlock the bedroom.

User Info: Dooeboy

Dooeboy
3 months ago#4
Just use about 1 or 2 and remember what they look like.
"Making typos is not natural, it's carelessness or laziness. Or stupidity of course." by SainfFC of the GTA Online message board.

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
3 months ago#5
Best to learn the color/shape of the bottle but once you get your build settled (as in when you stop making alchemy stuff) your inventory stops changing and youll naturally just remember where they are soon enough.

Best to put shorter duration potions on the d-pad shortcut + 1 instance of Food rather than your decoctions since you'll be using them more often.

User Info: Skootir

Skootir
3 months ago#6
CRK44 posted...
Best to learn the color/shape of the bottle but once you get your build settled (as in when you stop making alchemy stuff) your inventory stops changing and youll naturally just remember where they are soon enough.

Best to put shorter duration potions on the d-pad shortcut + 1 instance of Food rather than your decoctions since you'll be using them more often.

thats actually the reason i use the shortcuts for my decoctions is so i dont have to search for it in my menu to reapply lol. but after having read this thread has given me some new perspective and makes me realize ur idea is the smart way to go and put short timer potions there instead. personally i like using my gourmet perk so that i dont have to waste a slot on food and in turn have 4 potions equipped instead. only time i ever use food anyways is to make sure i have health regen for an entire fight the rest of the game i dont need the regen especially with all the meditating i do in this game to either restock a vendor or to restock my potion supplies etc meditating just fully heals u anyways.

my only issue with this game is i wish i could put oils in those quick slots as well. when i go into tough fights i find myself needing to apply oil more than once per fight most of the time(and i have all superior oils) and it's so inconvenient to open my menu mid fight for just oil that most cases i dont even bother reapplying the oil unless its a lot of enemies or the enemies take a lot of hits to die. basically the longer the fight tends to last the more i use my oils which only happens if im fighting enemies with skulls in their name but also have their levels visible (not ?? for their level)
PSN - Skootir
Life is like a box of chocolates...my box is empty
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Finding decoctions in inventory?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A