• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dubfire

dubfire
1 month ago#1
Do I just find and buy what ever is the best I can use for my level? Are there certain sets I should look out for, craft etc... I am currently level 11.
PSN - D31T3Y
"Momma, here comes midnight, with the dead moon in it's jaws..."

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#2
I always say the same thing to anyone asking about armor, if you're running a signs build you are now a high enough level to craft the Griffin witcher gear, if not I would save your crafting materials and buy the Nilfgaard set from crows perch and use that until you get to a high enough level to craft the witcher set for your build.

Feline for combat/fast attacks
Ursine for combat/ strong attacks
Wolf for Alchemy/hybrid
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#3
Always craft Witcher gear even if you are not that type. Witcher armor is many times better than other stuff. Once you reach a higher level (say 20 or so) then you can stick with the armor that best suits you build.

You never are short of crafting materials if you've been looting and most withcer gear use different materials for the different types outside of very common stuff like leather scraps.

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#4
jurbanik posted...
Always craft Witcher gear even if you are not that type. Witcher armor is many times better than other stuff. Once you reach a higher level (say 20 or so) then you can stick with the armor that best suits you build.

You never are short of crafting materials if you've been looting and most withcer gear use different materials for the different types outside of very common stuff like leather scraps.
The only thing regular Griffin armor gives you over Nilfgaard armor is a higher resistance against monsters which you hardly even need once you hit Novigrad because most of your enemies will be human.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
1 month ago#5
You can do nilf or griffin at that point. Either is fine. Past that point though do as jurbanik said and just use Witcher gear.
We live in a world of give and take and not enough men are willing to give what it takes.

User Info: fuzzball01

fuzzball01
1 month ago#6
I went with the temerian armor in white orchard until I got to the levels for witcher gear, unless I looted something much better in the meantime.
PSN: Greed_XVIII

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#7
MagillaGuerilla posted...
You can do nilf or griffin at that point. Either is fine. Past that point though do as jurbanik said and just use Witcher gear.

Plus you will need those starter sets anyway to make the better armor so might as well craft them.

Or maybe I'm one of the few that respec ever so often just to mix things up.

User Info: dubfire

dubfire
1 month ago#8
Thanks for all the help guys/gals.
PSN - D31T3Y
"Momma, here comes midnight, with the dead moon in it's jaws..."

User Info: roperpoker

roperpoker
1 month ago#9
I didn't realise there was Witcher armour in Velen - didn't even see a light house around there. Will go back tonight.
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
roperpoker posted...
I didn't realise there was Witcher armour in Velen - didn't even see a light house around there. Will go back tonight.

It's guarded by a lvl20 Wyvern and some drowners in the water to get into it.

Wyvern is easy enough if you lure it onto the land before the bridge.

https://i.imgur.com/G8ux18p.gifv
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A