• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. If I start B&W for the dye/Grandmaster gear will I see spoilers?

User Info: cicil88

cicil88
1 month ago#1
Hey everyone! I am at the very beginning of "Final Preparations" for the Wild Hunt story, and I am taking a break to play Heart of Stone. I am almost lvl 35. It is my understanding while it is a good time to play Heart of Stone, Blood and Wine is actually meant to be played after the Wild Hunt story is completed.

1) Since I am probably going to be using my Mastercrafted gear for a bit I was wanting to possibly dye them. Will I see spoilers for the main game if I get to the point where I can obtain dyes?

2) Is it possible to obtain Grandmaster gear (Specifically Ursine and Feline) without seeing spoilers? (I know I lose the dye after upgrading)

I care more about the dye than the Grandmaster gear at the moment. But I decided just to ask both questions anyway! Thanks for the help!

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#2
B&W does not have any relation to WH or HOS. It's like a spin off series.

To get to side quest for grand master witcher gears, you must progress to certain point in B&W.

So no spoiler for WH & HOS but it will have some spoilers for B&W because you have to do some main & side quests before.

Usually, players finished WH & HOS first, because after entering Toussaint we never get out from there.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: ShortReplies

ShortReplies
1 month ago#3
kiss_utama posted...

Usually, players finished WH & HOS first, because after entering Toussaint we never get out from there.

YES
Words of Truth.

User Info: cicil88

cicil88
1 month ago#4
Hmm thanks! I just wanted to double check because some people did say certain story elements might be spoiled if you play B&W without beating Wild Hunt. Wanted to see if that were still the case if I didnt progress too far, but it seems I have nothing to worry about!

User Info: fuzzball01

fuzzball01
1 month ago#5
Just a warning, I made all the GM sets earlier tonight, started with 120,000 crowns and ended with 47,500. After using my own materials (exorbitant amounts of Dimeritium and Orichalcum) instead of buying them from the shop. Also they're not necessarily better than things you get for free or for much less effort in B&W.
PSN: Greed_XVIII

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#6
fuzzball01 posted...
Just a warning, I made all the GM sets earlier tonight, started with 120,000 crowns and ended with 47,500. After using my own materials (exorbitant amounts of Dimeritium and Orichalcum) instead of buying them from the shop. Also they're not necessarily better than things you get for free or for much less effort in B&W.
Some of the bonuses are excellent tho, particularly the Griffin set bonuses.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#7
fuzzball01 posted...

Resistance are better except for the Hen Gaidth set. But that requires you pick a certain path in B&W so many never get it.

User Info: Drizzt_1981

Drizzt_1981
1 month ago#8
Skelligepirate posted...
Some of the bonuses are excellent tho, particularly the Griffin set bonuses.
I like the Wolven Grandmaster, the ability to run with 3 oils at a time is super sweet, especially if you have a couple of Alchemy skills that boost effectiveness.
"Sane is boring." -R.A. Salvatore
GT: Drizzt 1981 PSN: Guenhwyvar3256

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#9
Drizzt_1981 posted...
I like the Wolven Grandmaster, the ability to run with 3 oils at a time is super sweet, especially if you have a couple of Alchemy skills that boost effectiveness.
Yeh that's an excellent bonus aswell, the 6 piece grandmaster Manticore bonus that give every Alchemy item an extra charge is also really nice.

The Ursine bonuses are really poor tho imo.
PSN - NK08_LeFootball
Twitter - @_sixtimes
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. If I start B&W for the dye/Grandmaster gear will I see spoilers?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A