• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Does geralt love Shani?

User Info: nedmo0000

nedmo0000
1 week ago#1
one thing bothered me about hearts of stone is how forced the romance between Shani and geralt was I’m just wondering did geralt really love her in the books?
We all know that geralts true lover is yen but did geralt have a romantic relationship with Shani in the books without counting the first Witcher game

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
1 week ago#2
Shani's not a sorceress so she's probably not entirely to Geralt's tastes.

She's probably the only thing I didn't like in Hearts of Stone. It felt weird how she tried getting into Geralt's pants and how Geralt doesn't shut that down hard even after already having tied the knot with Yen/Triss.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
1 week ago#3
Emperor_mateus posted...
Shani's not a sorceress so she's probably not entirely to Geralt's tastes.

She's probably the only thing I didn't like in Hearts of Stone. It felt weird how she tried getting into Geralt's pants and how Geralt doesn't shut that down hard even after already having tied the knot with Yen/Triss.
Isn't that up to you?
Latest Review - Control
http://wethenerdy.com/control-review/

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
1 week ago#4
StaticPenguin posted...
Isn't that up to you?

It was but the time with Shani is depicted in somewhat of a romantic light no matter what you do.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 week ago#5
See I've been trying to tell ya that TW1 provides info on stuff. Shani is mentioned in the books and Geralt does have a relationship with her. It comes down to you in the end. If you've slept with someone do you discard them like yesterday's trash or are you nice to them? Shani was more into Geralt then the other way around.

In TW1 you have a big romance choice between Shani or Triss. Her backstory is explained in more detail in that game.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
I Self Identify as a BLT (Black Lesbian in Transition like Gilliam does)

User Info: nedmo0000

nedmo0000
1 week ago#6
jurbanik posted...
See I've been trying to tell ya that TW1 provides info on stuff. Shani is mentioned in the books and Geralt does have a relationship with her. It comes down to you in the end. If you've slept with someone do you discard them like yesterday's trash or are you nice to them? Shani was more into Geralt then the other way around.

In TW1 you have a big romance choice between Shani or Triss. Her backstory is explained in more detail in that game.
i think its confirmed that triss was the canon choice in the witcher 1 mainly because she would literally kick you out if you gave alvin to shani

User Info: Tbx66

Tbx66
1 week ago#7
nedmo0000 posted...
one thing bothered me about hearts of stone is how forced the romance between Shani and geralt was I’m just wondering did geralt really love her in the books?
We all know that geralts true lover is yen but did geralt have a romantic relationship with Shani in the books without counting the first Witcher game

Unless I've forgotten everything because I'm going senile, they never had sex until the Witcher. So Shani meets her friend Dandelion who tries to be a double agent/spy and he sends her to deliver a message to Geralt who she's never met...So Geralt who is a horny dog meets Shani and they start underessing.The next thing we read about is Dandelion and Philippa crashing the party. There's an awesome interaction after that between Philippa and Geralt because she played him which is mostly what I remember the most.
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 week ago#8
nedmo0000 posted...
i think its confirmed that triss was the canon choice in the witcher 1 mainly because she would literally kick you out if you gave alvin to shani

Yes she was canon but you learn a lot about Shani and your past relationship to her.

Tbx66 posted...
Unless I've forgotten everything because I'm going senile, they never had sex until the Witcher. So Shani meets her friend Dandelion who tries to be a double agent/spy and he sends her to deliver a message to Geralt who she's never met...So Geralt who is a horny dog meets Shani and they start underessing.The next thing we read about is Dandelion and Philippa crashing the party. There's an awesome interaction after that between Philippa and Geralt because she played him which is mostly what I remember the most.

Yep you did forget. Because her and Geralt did have sex in the books and was caught by Dandelion and Phillipa. A comment was made about it.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
I Self Identify as a BLT (Black Lesbian in Transition like Gilliam does)
(message deleted)

User Info: Tbx66

Tbx66
1 week ago#10
Tbx66 posted...

I thought they caught them undressing while they were preparing to or at least that's what I think I remember but I must be wrong and they got there after the deed based on what you're saying. I also can't recall how it happened in the game. It must be after the party but why do I remember her implying they never got to have sex in the books. Doesn't matter Geralt's speech to Philippa afterwards is more important
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Does geralt love Shani?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers