• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Before starting ng+: Please Read

User Info: kelvingabaldonc

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#1
Witcher 3 ng+ doesn’t work the usual way; for example, enemies are much stronger, equipment becomes outdated, & crafting diagrams (different from alchemy recipes) aren’t carried over. Hopefully, you’ve followed my noob guide (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/78116182); if not, here’s tips you need to make playing on ng+ on DM difficulty much easier.

First, check to see if you have the ff:
I. Skills
A. Combat
  1. Every fast & strong attack skill except crippling strikes
  2. Razor Focus
B. Alchemy
  1. Heightened tolerance
  2. Acquired tolerance
  3. Tissue Transmutation
  4. Protective Coating
  5. Synergy (if enough spare points)
C. Misc
  1. Delusion
  2. Metabolism control
  3. Rage Management
  4. Euphoria mutation (unlock at least 2 extra slots)
II. Equipment:
  1. Aerondight (enchanted with severance)
  2. Hen Gaidth set (severance & levity)
  3. Bottomless carafe
  4. Toussaint crossbow
  5. Toussaint horse gear
Kelvin G.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#2
III. Complete list of alchemy recipes
38 potions
36 oils
28 decoctions
24 bombs
33 substances

IV. Brew the ff:
All oils (cursed can wait)
Samum, Northern wind, Moon Dust bombs
Decoctions
  • Succubus
  • Echidna
  • Ekimmara
  • Archgriffin
  • Relievers
  • Griffin
  • Water Hag
  • Arachas
Potions:
  • Swallow
  • Tawny Owl
  • Blizzard
  • Maribor Forest
  • White Raffard
  • Golden Oriole
  • Black Blood
  • Thunderbolt
Kelvin G.

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#3
During the course of ng+, you'll want to acquire the ff skills:
  • Fixative (no more having to pause to reapply oils)
  • Deadly precision (works great with whirl against mooks)
  • cat school techniques
  • synergy

In ng+, gear level requirements are all adjusted roughly 30-40 levels, meaning the best gear is only available at the very end of the game, dlc included. Moreover, you have to spend hours searching for the required crafting diagrams & a few more grinding for money to afford them. Fortunately, the equipment included in my checklist (except the steel sword) are all powerful enough to last the whole game, even on DM difficulty.

As for the steel sword, by the time you reach the middle of the game (roughly "Ugly Baby"), you'll have the chance to acquire replacement steel swords.

When helping to pick Skellige's ruler, box against the vidkaarls; win to get a steel sword with 50-200% crit damage. Save 1st.

In Toussaint, deal with useless bank tellers with grace to get another decent steel sword. https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Paperchase
Kelvin G.

User Info: chaosinuyasha

chaosinuyasha
2 weeks ago#4
Huh I didnt see Metabolism Control and Rage Management in your noob guide, but I'll invest in those asap Also didnt know you could rune your armor.... guess I gotta wait on that one....
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add)
Official Kaguya Ootsutsuki of the UNStorm 4 board
(message deleted)

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#6
If you’re following both my guides, you may find yourself leveling up Geralt faster than Aerondight, since you can easily tackle much higher-level missions than usual.

If that’s the case, you’ll be glad to know that you can level up Aerondight in the desert world Avallach brings you to, since there are infinite crabs there!
Kelvin G.

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
2 weeks ago#7
Is there anything in the NG+ that you can no longer get/achieve if you missed it through the first play through?

Also upon completing a NG+ can you then opt to start another NG+?

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#8
No to both.

I recommend saving at various favorite points in the game, so you can have something like a “level select”. If you’ve been following my guides, you’ll have almost as much power at the beginning of the game as at the end.
Kelvin G.

kelvingabaldonc
2 weeks ago#9
Should you need to farm lesser red mutagens, farm the drowners at the whale graveyard at the east of the main island in Skellige, & the bay of winds, which is the south part of the top right island.

https://witcher3map.com/s/#3/-10.83/31.03/m=48.444,27.51
Kelvin G.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
2 weeks ago#10
Thanks for the tips. And for clarification this set up is only really required for BB and DM difficulty?
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Before starting ng+: Please Read
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers