• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Netflix's The Witcher series is a let down

User Info: Pupu27

Pupu27
4 weeks ago#1
Magic presentation in this show is so bad, even at the final battle. Yennifer is the strongest sorceress in the world and what have she done the entire show? Summoning portals to run plus breathing fire at the end (which was nearly killed her). Triss, who can summon meteors from the sky in the game, reduced to controlling trees lol. All those mages who have enough power to destroy the entire continent, decided to engage in sword fights and get killed by a common soldiers? Come on.

I think Netflix didn't invest enough on special effects.
The best video game is the one that hasn't released yet

User Info: rpglover1243

rpglover1243
4 weeks ago#2
The final episode was kinda boring but it had its moments. The whole series together was a 9/10. I can't wait for season 2
Shenmue 3

User Info: babyeatermax

babyeatermax
4 weeks ago#3
Imagine if people nitpicked the Witcher 3's story the way they do this Netflix special
This guy

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
4 weeks ago#4
Yennefer is absolutly not the strongest Mage or even Sorceress, did you read the books?

And you realize that that many mages actually died at that battle? Yeah the battle was misrepresented but I'm sure they didn't have the budget or coordination for a massive large scale battle that it should have been.

The show is a bit of a let down but this was hardly the biggest issue.

User Info: s0m3kat

s0m3kat
4 weeks ago#5
Video games never live up to movies/shows and vice versa
PSN - somekat

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#6
lol they didn't base it on the games buddy.
The show isn't a letdown, apparently people expected it to change their lives but it's just an entertaining show. My god what a burden.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#7
babyeatermax posted...
Imagine if people nitpicked the Witcher 3's story the way they do this Netflix special
First off it is WAY close to the books representation of the world then the TV show. The game got magic right while the TV show is total bulls***. You don't kill things to caste magic. You find a source. Frangilla was never taught at Aratuza, no person was ever turned into an eel for their life force and Yennefer never had to sacrific her ovaries to get her back fixed. In fact they fixed it at the end of her first year of studies while she was a student.

Plus Yennefer is NOT the most powerful. Phillipa is way more powerful. Frangilla blinds Yennefer at Sodden Hill and the most powerful mage is actually Vilgefortz. this is NOT nitpicking. These are major changes to the lore.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#8
SoulOfFayth posted...
lol they didn't base it on the games buddy.
The show isn't a letdown, apparently people expected it to change their lives but it's just an entertaining show. My god what a burden.
They could have made Luke Skywalker appear and you would have been fine with it. You've already indicated that no matter what they change you never would have any problems. I think you once said you wouldn't have an issue if Ciri was black. To be fair that might not have been you but it was around a year ago when people thought that Ciri was going to be a person of color.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#9
lol yeah how dare I enjoy the show when you can also choose to be a sour douche about it. Not everyone is as miserable as you buddy, merry crysmas.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#10
SoulOfFayth posted...
lol yeah how dare I enjoy the show when you can also choose to be a sour douche about it. Not everyone is as miserable as you buddy, merry crysmas.
Point out one place where I said no one can enjoy the show. You sure do love to project.

All I've done is pointed out the major differences in the show and how they changed the lore, wrecked in in my opinion, but changed it none the less.

As I said elsewhere not once have you said that what I wrote is factually wrong because you know it's factually correct.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Netflix's The Witcher series is a let down
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers