• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Sigh*, Radovid is actually right in his policy.

User Info: Pupu27

Pupu27
2 weeks ago#1
Never thought this way in my previous play through, but the more I play Witcher 3 (4th times already), the more I see Radovid's ethnic cleansing policy makes sense.

The whole problem with Witcher's universe is not wars, politic or dictators, the main problem is monsters killing normal folk on daily basis. Have you ever thought why Geralt's job has such high demand? You cannot go pass a corner without seeing a job posting about some werewolf/vampire/drowners killing people. No matter which King will rule the land, this fundamental problem won't be fixed. Drowners don't care who's sitting on the throne.

And Radovid, despite of looking insane, is the only came up with a working solution. How many people Geralt saved from monsters during the three games? A couple hundreds? Radovid will save hundreds of millions of human by killing all monster/non-human and give the world back to human being. So bad that Yen, Triss or other sorceress might be the collateral damage with this policy but it is necessary sacrifice for the greater good. Had Radovid possessed world-crossing power like Ciri, he might go with a softer policy (deporting all non-humanbeing back to their original world). But he doesn't have that power so killing all "illegal immigrants" is the best policy a normal human being can come up with.

The best video game is the one that hasn't released yet

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
2 weeks ago#2
The monsters actually became a problem because of the war. Witchers have all but died out because monsters aren't as much a threat anymore. And grouping monsters and nonhumans together is...well, wrong.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
2 weeks ago#3
Buddy, humans are the illegal immigrants. That world belongs to the elves, when conjunction of sphere happened, humans, halflings, dwarves and various monsters immigrated to that world.

It’s like Europeans came to America continent then they wiped out the native Americans. And the Europeans now call Mexicans illegal immigrants?

Also Radovid did not set out his men to kill monster, only killed non-humans.
Imagine USA now, Europeans whose ancestors were immigrants, are now majority in USA, there are native Americans like Mexicans, also other immigrants like Arabs, Africans, Asians. People in USA are being killed by Alligators, Rattlesnakes, Bears, Bisons. But the president of USA orders to kill all non-white people. That's what Radovid did.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: preachinsin

preachinsin
1 week ago#4
And mages. Don’t forget mages.

Using fear of “monsters” to justify killing people you don’t like is not good in any way.

Big difference here between the books and games. In the books, it is clear that there are fewer and fewer dangerous monsters, lots of displaced sentient ones trying to live in peace, and Geralt is often questioning if the world still even needs witchers.

In trying to make the game world more exciting, I think CDPR undercut a fairly important theme here.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 week ago#5
kiss_utama posted...
Buddy, humans are the illegal immigrants. That world belongs to the elves, when conjunction of sphere happened, humans, halflings, dwarves and various monsters immigrated to that world.

It’s like Europeans came to America continent then they wiped out the native Americans. And the Europeans now call Mexicans illegal immigrants?

LMFAO.

And where did those so called Native Americans come from? At some point in time the so called Native Americans would have still died off to diseases. If not in the 15th/16th century then later say after air travel. And Mexicans are not native either since they are mixed breed.

But in the game the elves also are not native to that world as clearly explained in the books. The elves are an invading species that conquer and force other worlds into slavery.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 week ago#6
jurbanik posted...
And where did those so called Native Americans come from?

I think humans migrated to the American continent during the last ice age but I'm not sure.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

jurbanik
1 week ago#7
SoulOfFayth posted...
jurbanik posted...

I think humans migrated to the American continent during the last ice age but I'm not sure.

Correct, that is the accepted theory. So everyone in the America's are not native. Some came earlier, some later.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 week ago#8
SoulOfFayth posted...
jurbanik posted...
that's when the continents were still in 1 big land. After it seperated America continent had its native, Australia continent had its native, until stinking Europeans came, occupied & wiped out the continents.
Time I was on my way. So long.

jurbanik
1 week ago#9
kiss_utama posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...
jurbanik posted...
that's when the continents were still in 1 big land. After it seperated America continent had its native, Australia continent had its native, until stinking Europeans came, occupied & wiped out the continents.

Huh? Modern humans came around about 100K years ago. The last time the continents were together was way over 100 MILLION years ago.

Oh wait I get it now. You're being sarcastic.

jurbanik
1 week ago#10
Well OP is correct that elves should be eradicated. They hate humans and will work to destroy or enslave humans. Their whole plan and goal was to get the power from Ciri to allow them to move around to other worlds once again. They would then conquer those worlds and genocide the beings living there or force them into slavery.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Sigh*, Radovid is actually right in his policy.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers