• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Which Witcher should I begin with?

User Info: theSMITHS

theSMITHS
4 weeks ago#1
Needs to be on PS4. Is this one continuing long story broken up? Or can I start with this game?

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#2
It's fine to start with this game. If you like it you can try your hand at the others but this is by far the most accessble of the 3 imo.
And yes there's a continuing story but you can play this game very well going into it blindly.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#3
Don't recommend going farther back than 2. 1 didn't age well and there's not a whole lot going on. Just look up the story for W1.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#4
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Don't recommend going farther back than 2. 1 didn't age well and there's not a whole lot going on. Just look up the story for W1.

TW1 had the absolute best main story and was a tremendous setup for the other games. TW1 lays all the ground work on what is a monster and when and where should Geralt get involved.

You can always set it on an easier difficulty level and once you put some points into Igni you never have to swing a sword or worry about fights. Geralt had fireballs.

Not to mention all the characters that are first introduced in TW1 that then appear in TW3.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
4 weeks ago#5
If you mean of the trilogy and it needs to be on ps4 you really only have W3. Gwent and witcher tales are separate entries into the series.

its technically one Long story broken up, but each game has little directly to do with the previous entry/entries. I view them as 3 separate adventures around a certain cast of characters. The events that take place in each game are pretty much contained to that particular game.

tldr you Can start here and it won’t hurt anything. I started with 3 and never felt lost or missing out. But going back and later playin w1 and 2 as well as reading some of the books really helped me enjoy my second and third runs more.

edit: I really liked Witcher 1. But I like point and click isometric type games a lot.
We live in a world of give and take and not enough men are willing to give what it takes.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Which Witcher should I begin with?
  • Post New Message