• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Matrix Build for NG+ DM (Coolest build I've ever played)

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#1
Gear:
Viroledan w/ Preservation
Aerondight w/ Poison or Bleed runes
Wolf chest (or any chest you want) w/ Eruption
Griffin legs, gloves, boots w/ Mending

Skills:
Euphoria
Heightened Tolerance
Acquired Tolerance
Protective Coating
Frenzy
Resolve
Undying
Razor Focus
Deadly Precision
Exploding Shield
Delusion
Melt Armor
Metabolic Control (Allows Blizzard)
Griffin School
Gourmet
Adrenaline Burst

Decoctions and Potions:

Waterhag, Forktail, Ekhidna
Thunderbolt, Petri, Blizzard

Description:
Uses Frenzy, Blizzard potion, and Instakills with Viro+Deadly Precision for slow-motion fights and kills. Also has Poison on both swords. Uses all Signs effectively but especially Igni. Eruption adds to the mayhem with explosions and it gives you a nice visual queue for when Blizzard is activated.

My favorite build by far. I'll post some showcase videos when I can.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#2
Looks interesting.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: Phoenix237

Phoenix237
4 weeks ago#3
You could drop Gourmet, Delusion or Melt Armour for Fast Metabolism and be able to use virtually all potions at once because the Toxicity goes down so quickly.

Manticore chest would let you use 4 decoctions and then 25 Point potions on top.
Fastest Earth Eater method overall (Wakka): https://youtu.be/6pb1VR0xWzs
Fastest EE non-Wakka method (Tidus): https://youtu.be/aAfRRvB4cW0

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#4
Gourmet is a staple in all my builds.
Melt Armor tho, yeah, I hardly notice it. Just seemed like a good choice with how much I use Igni and Forktail. I'll test it out, thanks!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#5
Why would you want to remove delusion? It's great for conversations and easy XP.

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#6
jurbanik posted...
Why would you want to remove delusion? It's great for conversations and easy XP.

Never. Also another staple.

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#7
But I'm still not sure why Forktail. You have to constantly mix fast, strong and sign attacks to get a 50% increase in base sign intensity. The 50% is pretty small as it isn't 50% of you current amount but the base amount IIRC.

And that 50% only happens when you do fast and strong attacks.

And Ekhidna is another healing decoction. I can see it if you also use Archgriffon but alone I'm not so sure. And if goping stamina route where is Tawny Owl potion?

Now I'm not sure if Ekimmara works on burning ticks but if it does that would be much better wouldn't it?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
4 weeks ago#8
If you notice, my build has no specific combat skills. I naturally use both Fast and Heavy depending on the situation. Forktail is amazing for my Hybrid build, I have no idea where your reluctance comes from. Igni, Fast Attack, Heavy Attack. Super easy to pull off. Only other thing I'd use here is Wyvern or Succubus.

Again, Ekhidna is amazing for my Hybrid build. I focus on passive heals. Gourmet and Ekhidna achieve this perfectly.
I need not endanger myself by attacking to regain HP like with Ekki.
I need not pop a potion and waste Toxicity healing.
I just keep doing what I'm doing and I heal while dodging, casting, AND attacking, so it's by far better than Ekki even if it does work with DoT.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jisher

jisher
4 weeks ago#9
I haven't done DM yet, but this build sounds great. I like the playstyle.

User Info: Phoenix237

Phoenix237
4 weeks ago#10
jurbanik posted...

It's easy to think this in a vacuum, but have you ever really looked at how many Delusion choices there are after level 15 or so? You get them all the time early on, but after that there really aren't many at all.

40 exp isn't a lot considering Delusion mostly avoids conflicts, and if you have an endgame build like this with Euphoria then fights are easy and equate to easy experience themselves.

Use Delusion by all means, but objectively look at how useful it is mid- to late-game. It's virtually pointless in combat, and is a waste of a slot that could go on something useful.

Gourmet is another one that is OP early but sub-optimal late game. It heals a lot, but isn't necessary if you have Euphoria plus Ekimmara decoction because that's insanely OP anyway and heals more than enough, particularly with Superior Swallow. You also lose 15% damage or Sign Intensity from not having a red or blue skill boosting a Synergized mutagen, plus you lose the additional adrenaline gain or stamina s regeneration that another skill would provide.

Optimising endgame builds isn't just about having good skills; they're about maximising a limited number of slots to have skills that are both beneficial (like Gourmet and Delusion) and necessary (which they shouldn't be).
Fastest Earth Eater method overall (Wakka): https://youtu.be/6pb1VR0xWzs
Fastest EE non-Wakka method (Tidus): https://youtu.be/aAfRRvB4cW0
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Matrix Build for NG+ DM (Coolest build I've ever played)
  • Post New Message