• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Optimized XP Gain Regarding Region and Quest Route

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#1
White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, Toussaint. Which order to max XP gain?

Is it best to go in order of quest level, low to high, and save Undiscovered Locations (? Icons) for after you've done all main and side quests? I skipped regions and did Red Skulls and now that I'm going back everything gives 1XP.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: Tonyjaa

Tonyjaa
1 month ago#2
You should've waited to do red skulls until you are at the appropriate levels. You probably overleved too early and that's why everything is giving you 1 xp. As for maximizing xp gain by region, pretty much what you have listed.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#3
Thanks. Oh well, it was worth it to test my build and see how challenging the game can be :)

User Info: Tonyjaa

Tonyjaa
1 month ago#4
You must have a really good build if you've already done the red skulls. I tried 2 or 3 red skulls and i got my ass kicked.

User Info: Phoenix237

Phoenix237
1 month ago#5
It's best to go low to high really because if you get 6 levels ahead of the main quest the experience points drops dramatically, as you've discovered.

Leaving all Monster nests and Abandoned Sites until last is a good idea too because they give fixed experience bonuses regardless of level
Fastest Earth Eater method overall (Wakka): https://youtu.be/6pb1VR0xWzs
Fastest EE non-Wakka method (Tidus): https://youtu.be/aAfRRvB4cW0

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#6
Tonyjaa posted...
You must have a really good build if you've already done the red skulls. I tried 2 or 3 red skulls and i got my ass kicked.

I love it. It revolves around retaining max adrenaline and using swords, signs, decoctions, potions, poison, and even bombs. It's able to handle everything by responding with a specific tactic like a certain potion, sign, or bomb, rather than just using Quen and meleeing thru everything. Keeps things fresh and I actually enjoy the combat now.

Really wish Upscaling made enemies higher than your current level though, so that all enemies are Red Skulls. I'm hoping I can hit Lvl 100 before NG++ and that enemies will always be higher since I won't be able to gain any levels throughout the NG++ playthrough.

User Info: Phoenix237

Phoenix237
1 month ago#7
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Tonyjaa posted...

I love it. It revolves around retaining max adrenaline and using swords, signs, decoctions, potions, poison, and even bombs. It's able to handle everything by responding with a specific tactic like a certain potion, sign, or bomb, rather than just using Quen and meleeing thru everything. Keeps things fresh and I actually enjoy the combat now.

Really wish Upscaling made enemies higher than your current level though, so that all enemies are Red Skulls. I'm hoping I can hit Lvl 100 before NG++ and that enemies will always be higher since I won't be able to gain any levels throughout the NG++ playthrough.

There is no New Game++. You can only do New Game Plus once.
Fastest Earth Eater method overall (Wakka): https://youtu.be/6pb1VR0xWzs
Fastest EE non-Wakka method (Tidus): https://youtu.be/aAfRRvB4cW0

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#8
Phoenix237 posted...
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Tonyjaa posted...

Nooooooo! This hurts.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#9
Honestly, that just took all of my steam outta this playthrough... I think I'm gonna restart on Death March for the trophy. Failed to actually start this playthrough on DM, but figured I'd get used to it... was planning to do the complete DM run at max level with upscaling for maximum difficulty. T_T

Oh, wellll.

@Phoenix237 Do you know what determines the level of swords like Bellhaven, Gesheft, Viroledan, Ami, and Aerondight? Is it your level upon entering B&W/Touissant or is it your Level when you go into NG+?

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#10
Phoenix237 posted...

There is no NG++ but what stops you from starting a NEW NG+ games from the same old save? Nothing.

So you create one save where you finish the game and then you can play as many NG+ games based off that single save. All the game asks for is a regular game save where you finished the game. It doesn't then delete the save or prevent other NG+ games. And if you found all recipes in that regular base game all future NG+ games will have it.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Optimized XP Gain Regarding Region and Quest Route
  • Post New Message