• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Selling things is unnecessarily and annoyingly tedious.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#1
Which merchant or even better closely grouped merchants have the most gold on them? Can't find anyone better than the armorer in Novigrad's square and Eye-Beer the master smith.

Having to meditate 5 days every 2K (4 weapons sold) when I have 40-80 trash weapons on me to sell is absolutely stupid. There's no reason for it to be this slow and tedious and take away so much time from actually playing.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Alcibiades1

Alcibiades1
1 month ago#2
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Which merchant or even better closely grouped merchants have the most gold on them? Can't find anyone better than the armorer in Novigrad's square and Eye-Beer the master smith.

Having to meditate 5 days every 2K (4 weapons sold) when I have 40-80 trash weapons on me to sell is absolutely stupid. There's no reason for it to be this slow and tedious and take away so much time from actually playing.

You can do a few things, but before I say anything I do agree with you, it is annoying that merchants have such limited gold. Anyway, I do a few things:

1. Only loot blue and above items. Heck, sometimes I change to only yellow and above when I just can’t take it anymore. I probably leave thousands of crowns lying around the world, but the tedium of going back to merchants when I sell stuff so often overcomes my trepidation.

2. Dismantle a few of the high end armors/swords. They do offer some valuable crafting materials that will come in handy when you are making Grandmaster sets in B&W, and they give merchants some cash to buy more of your trash items.

3. The place I usually go to sell is Kaer Trolde, as you have access to two merchants with about $2K right next to each other, even if the blacksmith there is kinda buggy and makes me meditate to talk to him. He’s a jerk.

4. Once you have “enough” (for me this is usually around $50K-$60K crowns) just pretty much stop looting anything but relics or maybe stuff you like the look of. Yes, this isn’t ideal, but it really doesn’t matter if you end the game with a reserve of $30K, it won’t help you. If you are trying to set up a NG+ run though, this probably isn’t an option.

5. Play on PC. Tons of mods out there on PC to give merchants a lot more money so they can buy much more before being broke. Don’t think these are available on PS4 though, which is annoying for sure.

No real ideal solutions I know, but hopefully they help you somewhat!
Dumbfounded by raving nonsense posted on this site since 2012...
Yet like a freeway accident, I cannot look away.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#3
I started buying crafting materials and even runes and glyphs. Dismantling is a good tip too though, thank you. Same goes for Kaer Trolde, appreciate the tip. I'll go right away, cause I need to hit up Whale Graveyard anyhow.

I just used Strong Back w/ Fiend Dec. while hunting Points of Interest, so I gotta get rid of a very sizable inventory that can net 50K and that's with a low-balled estimation calculation... and that includes buying Dimeritium and glowing ore and a plethora of other mats like gold and silver.

But it takes a solid hour just to sell everything... at least.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kelvingabaldonc

kelvingabaldonc
1 month ago#4
Weapons are everywhere & blacksmiths (& armorsmiths if you’re desperate) tend to carry the most cash. Only pick up weapons, with armor a distant 2nd. Store excess in your chest till you unlock Toussaint (after rescuing Dandelion). Unlock the runewright & Hanzo as soon as possible for additional merchants.

Most weapons & armor loot are best sold rather than worn, with some exceptions:

Tir Tochair steel sword - 35% chance proc bleed, 50% crit damage
Tor Lara steel sword - great special effects, especially instant kill
Ami - best silver sword next to Aerondight. Kill tufo monster in Toussaint
Zireal breastplate - 100% bleedproof
Thyssen gambeson - 100% poisonproof
Shiadal gambeson - 100% burnproof
Great sun breastplate - 5% chance quen deflects arrows, great stats
Nilfgaard gauntlets - 50% crit damage
Kelvin G.
(edited 1 month ago)

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#5
kelvingabaldonc posted...
Tir Tochair steel sword - 35% chance proc bleed, 50% crit damage
Tor Lara steel sword - great special effects, especially instant kill
Ami - best silver sword next to Aerondight. Kill tufo monster in Toussaint

I've been looking for a list like this for awhile. Any idea about the best poison blade? Silver and Steel. Viroledan is by far my favorite Steel, with bleed, poison, crit dmg+chance, and instakill.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#6
Sell stuff to the top notch swords guy in Novigrad so he has ZERO Crowns on him, then meditate one hour. His money stock instantly resupplies.

User Info: kelvingabaldonc

kelvingabaldonc
1 month ago#7
The belhaven blade & gesheft are for you then. Both have great poison chance & aard, perfect for your magic knight. Diagrams for both are in Toussaint.
Kelvin G.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#8
kelvingabaldonc posted...
The belhaven blade & gesheft are for you then. Both have great poison chance & aard, perfect for your magic knight. Diagrams for both are in Toussaint.

That's what I'm using at the moment actually <3 They're from NG tho, still loving them. I use Viro over Bell though.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#9
Save you s***. When you start to build legendary GM gear then sell to that guy. Or the runewright. They have your gold so if you paid them 15K you can sell 15K worth of stuff.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
1 month ago#10
When your merchants are broke or near broke just buy rare materials or craft materials you are low on such as meteorite or dimeritium goods. Repair your stuff and dismantle what you don't need or use. Top Notch Swords, Hattori, and the Crow's Perch master armorer are great sources in Velen/Novigrad. Kaer Trolde are the next best until you have the Runewright and Grandmaster Armorer/Blacksmiths open in Toussaint. If you still have a ton of items just put them in the Stash to be sold later.
I had a god damned P L A N
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Selling things is unnecessarily and annoyingly tedious.
  • Post New Message