• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Most Difficult Fights on Death March!

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#1
So what are they!? I only just recently switched to Death March. I expect spiders to be tough so I have Magic Trap unlocked to neutralize their webs, same for large human camps, as it neutralizes their arrows.

Any particularly tough bosses?

I just fought the Cat School witcher who massacred a village. I was honorable and tried to let him heal before our battle with a swallow potion but instead he blinded me with a samum bomb. So the battle starts with you blinded for a LONG time, meaning there's no lock on function for your swords or signs and he's pretty aggressive. I was on the defensive the entire time as the fight began with him comboing me to a sliver of HP and it took me awhile to figure out how the blind worked. As I'm confused and frantically dodging and reapplying shields he suddenly dies. O_o My poison and possibly bleed had killed him while I was just trying to stay alive. I only actually hit him once or twice XD Shows the effectiveness of DoTs when you're in a tight spot.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: preachinsin

preachinsin
1 month ago#2
There’s an unavoidable gank fight against the Eternal Fire near the end of the main quest that can be hard, as enemies can swarm and corner you. Not too bad, but it is important to thin the herd a bit.

Crones can be tricky too, but also very manageable. Just don’t want to get greedy.

Hardest fight for me, as I said before, was against the rat swarm in the Novigrad sewers. Had scaling off, but they still could tear me up, meaning I had to hit-and-run a ton.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#3
Toad Prince is giving me trouble. He's an upscaled Red Skull. Got'em to half HP but that tongue flick 1-shots me. Why does it glow white?

preachinsin
1 month ago#4
I forget, but if you get his timing down he is not too bad. Long fight, but his moveset is pretty limited.

Can be hard not to make a mistake, but you can chug health or regen potions to keep you in it.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!

User Info: good_tobi

good_tobi
1 month ago#5
Blood and Wine's final boss is probably the hardest boss fight in the game.
Don't need sharingan to see this.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#6
preachinsin posted...
I forget, but if you get his timing down he is not too bad. Long fight, but his moveset is pretty limited.

Can be hard not to make a mistake, but you can chug health or regen potions to keep you in it.

He dead! No trouble this time. Just had to not get greedy. Never tried countering that tongue though, and I suspect you can. Unless the white glow just means it stuns you... which it does.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#7
Okay now this Ofieri mage is getting me. Thrice already. Not sure how to even get close to him. I can take out all his guards tho. He can one-shot me through Quen XD while I can't even touch him.
(edited 1 month ago)

preachinsin
1 month ago#8
Yeah, that fight is annoying. Lots of dodging, as he hits quite hard. Just have to stay patient.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#9
It's basically the hardest difficulty. NG+ early DLC Death March. Feel kinda derpy only just realizing Axii works on him. Bled him to death. :) 2K per tick.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#10
During the gwent tournament in Toussaint you have to fight 3 dwarves armed with blunt weapons while you're barehanded. Not very fun.
Otherwise all fights in the game are a breeze with Euphoria activated.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Most Difficult Fights on Death March!
  • Post New Message