• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Help with my Spellblade build, please! Getting it ready for Deathmarch :D
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#15
Updated Build:

Gear
Viroledan Blade w/ Bleed runes
Gesheft w/ Poison runes (Dumplings when I get it)
Griffin Set w/ Entanglement (Currently Aard Intensity glyphs from a Piercing Cold build, but will change to Igni Intensity or Mending to reach 198HP/sec regen)
Broadhead Bolts for ranged bleed option (100% chance to bleed for 15 sec)

Decoctions and Potions
Troll, Ancient Leshen/Wraith, and Forktail/Griffin
Tawny Owl and Petri Philter (100% Burn chance)

Skills
Muscle Memory
Precise Blows
Deadly Precision
Resolve
Undying
Razor Focus
Poisoned Blades
Protective Coating
Acquired Tolerance
Sustained Glyphs
Magic Trap
Exploding Shield/ Delusion
Griffin School
Focus/Adrenaline Burst (Which one?)
Gourmet

Mutation
Mutated Skin/Euphoria

Mutagens
4 Greater Reds for +100% damage

Thank you two very much! I know I have a lot of questions and I appreciate you guys taking the time to help.

Depending on how DoT damage is calculated, it might be better to go tank with DoTs if Euphoria and the Red Mutagens don't boost the damage of the ticks. Can anyone clarify how DoTs are calculated?
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
(edited 1 month ago)

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#16
Do Forktail and Water Hag stack? If so I might throw on Heightened Tolerance as well for that Hag buff. Plus, Geralt won't be so ugly >_<

Also after testing the build with Entanglement Yrden it seems a bit much to throw in between Ignis, Quens, crossbow bolts, and sword blows, especially considering the channeling time of Magic Trap leaves me open for far too long. Casting it without Quen up is death, and getting rid of Yrden would open two skill slots as well as open up Eruption for my chest glyph which is far superior. Maybe I'm underestimating the slow status and projectile defense of Magic Trap.

Quen -> Magic Trap (Slow) -> Broadhead (Bleed) -> Igni (Burn) -> Fast Attacks(Poison & Instakill) -> Repeat

Suddenly this turned into ESO with skill rotations, light attack weaving, and DoT stacking XD
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#17
DOT's don't crit as far as I can tell. Here's my logic for this position.

Burning and poison are percentage of HP based. The higher the HP of the monster the larger the DOT.

Bleeding is a fixed amount per tick for both types. IIRC it's 125 which for high HP monsters is nothing. Crippling strikes in 1.08 stacked with the other bleed effect (from the weapon). Not sure if it's still true today.

I have never seen a DOT crit but that doesn't mean they can't. But combining this with the above where DOT's are fixed damage or HP based means the chance they crit is low.

BTW Burning and poison DOT's stack. Burning ends super fast so it's hard to see and to stack more than 2 DOT's. But you can stack many more poison DOT's if you get lucky.

While DOT damage can stack (I've seen this with poison and guess it applies to other DOT's) the effect is removed when a monster takes non-DOT based damage. Once of the major benefits of burning is the monster can stop all action while burning (dependent on resistances). But if you hit it again that effect goes away.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#18
With 26 more skill points I can replace Sustained Glyphs for Hunter Instinct and Killing Spree. Just gotta get the last mutations for the 4th slot and enough points to grab those T4 skills. Luckily I'm only in Velen on NG+.

Not going into Death March until I do this XD

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#19
Wow! Thanks for that run down on DoTs! This changes a lots! ;)

I can specialize into Poison and forget the crossbow. That was an annoying inclusion in this build.

Poison will be the primary DoT while Burning will be more for CC.

Yrden Entanglement is amazing BTW, I judged it too soon. Projectile immunity and enemies are a 3rd slower than usual. Don't have to keep resetting and herding enemies into it, it goes to them and resets itself

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#20
@jurbanik posted...
While DOT damage can stack (I've seen this with poison and guess it applies to other DOT's) the effect is removed when a monster takes non-DOT based damage.

Isn't this a self-defeating statement? If DoTs stack but then the stack is reset by applying another stack, how can they actually stack?
?_?
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Help with my Spellblade build, please! Getting it ready for Deathmarch :D
  • Post New Message