• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Help with my Spellblade build, please! Getting it ready for Deathmarch :D

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#1
It has to be either Red or Blue Mutation for the middle slots for this to work.

Status-Inflicting Insta-Killing Self-Healing Spellblade Build

Stack DoTs using Yrden (T4 skill), Igni burning, bleeding, and poison, all while having a 5% Insta-kill chance while inflicting said DoTs.

Pyromaniac for Igni burning procs, Deadly Precision for that extra 2% instakill on top of my sword's 3%, and Crippling Strikes for bleed procs on top of my sword's 15%, Poisoned Blades for poison procs on top of my sword's 15%.

7 red skills
4 blue
1 green
4 yellow

3-piece Griffin for that free sign cast for keeping up Igni and Yrden (and probably Quen too if we're being honest) with an Entanglement glyph, even though I don't have the 6-piece Griffin Yrden bonus.

Weapons are unique relics. Using Dumpling on one with Gourmet skill for 160 HP/sec combat regen for 20 minutes at a time. And finally Preservation is my best bet for the last weapon rune for a much needed 20% extra defense and sword damage. Although Invigoration meshes well with my passive regen and Replenishment seems super cool especially to be even more Spellbladey.

Does this seem viable, even for Death March?
And again, which Mutation? Has to be blue or red.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#2
I'm thinking it's between Magic Sensibilities, Bloodbath, and Second Life. Magic, Swords, or Defense? Hmm... seeing as it's Death March, Second Life looks really appealing, but I wonder if the DoT numbers can crit from Igni and Yrden with Magic Sensibilities. And Bloodbath for Insta-Kill resistant bosses.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#3
Is there a Silver Sword equivalent to the Viroledan Blade?
+75% Crit Damage
+15% Crit Chance
+15% Bleeding
+15% Poison
+3% Instakill

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#4
@jurbanik @Phoenix237 You seem pretty knowledgable about builds.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 weeks ago#5
Once you know the game any build is viable for DM runs. The difference is how easy or OP they end up being. So a build should give you a fun experience unless fun is defined as being way OP.

Pyro is probably a waste as your sign intensity should guarantee burns without it.

Possible mutations are mutated skin, piercing cold or maybe bloodbath based on what you listed. Mutated skin will help limit damage against you so your DOT's have time to damage the enemy.

I generally don't like DOT's. They take time to kill and that means your waiting. Because if you kill the target then the DOT's are wasted.

But as I said this build sounds like you are looking at a specific play style to give you a fun time.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#6
Oh wow, Mutated Skin, I totally forgot I could use the green side's yellow mutations. Great defensive option. That opens up Metamorphosis too, but it seems unreliable with all the useless decoctions.

Thanks for the tip about Pyro too, can you elaborate on the relationship between Sign Intensity and chance to inflict burn with Igni? Is this displayed as a stat?

The DoTs allow me to fight mobs and deal damage while dodging them and regaining HP/Stamina.

Definitely looking for a good time, and cool build, but not looking to struggle TOO much. Just wanna make it the best that it can be, while sticking with the theme of Spellblade, before doing my first Death March run.

User Info: Phoenix237

Phoenix237
2 weeks ago#7
I'd have a few quick suggestions. First of all, the Yrden DoT skill is absolutely garbage, and even given the theme of the build I'd have a tough time recommending it. 50 damage per second is absolutely nothing on Death March, and even worse is that the skill is subject to New Game Plus weird enemy sign Intensity scaling so it does even less than that. It's just not worth having.

Same for Crippling Strikes. It is fixed 150 per second damage bleeding instead of proper, percentage-based bleeding. Virtually useless on Death March; I'd ditch it. Not sure what your 7 red skills are, but if one isn't Razor Focus then I'd add that as it synergizes very well with Deadly Precision.

What are the 4 yellow skills? That's a lot of yellows considering they take up outside slots and don't boost Mutagens. Gourmet, Griffin School Techniques, and...?

For mutations I'd consider Deadly Counter or Bloodbath if you don't want to go the OP/Euphoria type route. Deadly Counter goes with the instakill theme but is otherwise a bit weak. I like Metamorphosis a lot but it doesn't go with the rest of the build, really. Cat Eyes is interesting because Broadhead bolts inflict bleeding, but it isn't worth it otherwise.

Mutated Skin is alright, but it's multiplicative instead of additive so youd actually get more defensive benefit from just having Protective Coating, Arachas decoction and low inventory weight. But that is straying into OP territory too so you may want to avoid that at first and see how it goes.

Acquired Tolerance is soooo good that it's hard for me to not recommend it. Ancient Leshen decoction plus Aard Sweep is an excellent combo and fits the quick hit, dodge and DoT theme somewhat.

There is no silver equivalent to the Viroldean blade. Bear in mind that that sword won't last forever in NG+ but you'll level up but its damage will stay the same.

You might actually be better with 3x Greater Devana runestones in your swords. Invigoration has complicated mechanics and isn't worth it without a lot of potion use and Replenishment. If you want both swords to have Devana runesz you could use Preservation on backup swords instead, but it's a little bit of a hassle switching them each time you apply oils.

Check these vids, might give you some ideas:

https://youtu.be/gtNpNIccFIM

https://youtu.be/SV_ISiA3wLk

https://youtu.be/aojmxRYpxK8
Fastest Earth Eater method overall (Wakka): https://youtu.be/6pb1VR0xWzs
Fastest EE non-Wakka method (Tidus): https://youtu.be/aAfRRvB4cW0
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#8
Dang. You're right about Crippling Strikes and Supercharged Glyphs. Low damage DoTs.

What's this about Aard+Acquired Tolerance+Ancient Leshen being good for a DoT build?

Here's what I'm thinking now after your input:

Burn: Igni

Bleed: Broadhead and Tracker crossbow bolts and Devana runes in Viroledan for 30% bleed chance.

Poison: Viper Silver w/ Poisoned Blades and Dumpling rune (Is Mutated Skin strong enough to make passive regen useful?)

This way it's more specialized, and hopefully easier to proc each DoT, but I lose out on Preservation if I go with Devana runes :(

Skills:
Red: Muscle Memory, Precise Blows, Deadly Precision, Resolve, Undying, Razor Focus, (Flex Slot: Lightning Reflexes/ Arrow Deflection/ Fleet Footed/ Counter Attack)

Blue: Sustained Glyphs, Magic Trap, Exploding Shield, (Flex Slot: Pyromaniac/ Igni Intensity/ Delusion)

Green: Poisoned Blades (The previous 2 Flex Slots can be Acquired Tolerance + Protective Coating here and with this setup I could use Euphoria cause these skills could be in the middle)

Yellow: Griffin School, Gourmet, Focus, Adrenaline Burst (Signs generate Adrenaline)

Mutation: Mutated Skin (Maybe Euphoria? Scared to try it.)

Gear:
Viroledan w/ Devana runes
Silver Viper w/ Dumplings rune
Griffin Set with Entanglement/Eruption and Igni Intensity glyphs

Wait- which stats determine bleed and poison damage? Weapons? I assume Sign Intensity for Burning damage. I'm also wondering if sign intensity affects how slow Yrden makes enemies.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Mr Penguin 007
2 weeks ago#9
Your videos are awesome! That Rending Cold build is super cool ;)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 weeks ago#10
When it comes to burn chance there are two factors in play. The first is YOUR burn chance. Pyro gives you 100% but sign intensity of 200 also gives you 100%. The second factor is the enemies resistance level.

Monsters have different chances but DM adds 10% and a red skull is 200%. I think all of these are additive.

I am not totally positive but I think your final burn chance is your chance minus the enemies resistance.

Here is what I am not 100% sure of:

As you go way up in sign intensity your burn chance seems to be capped at 100% on screen but there might be a hidden value. So is it capped at 100% before enemy resistances? Very late game NG+ monsters sometimes hardly ever ignite/burn. Now is this because your burn chance is capped or is it because their resistances are so freaking high that even a hidden 350% burn chance is almost zero because of their resistances?

I have to admit I never really tested Pyro with very high sign intensity. It was supposed to be a separate chance at burning. And at low levels this seems to work. But at high levels the 100% chance doesn't seem to burn anyone. Many people have claimed they tested this and Pyro doesn't work at higher levels and that was what I based my comment on.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Help with my Spellblade build, please! Getting it ready for Deathmarch :D
  • Post New Message