• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Advice for first DM playthrough

User Info: 92bryan

92bryan
4 weeks ago#1
Not sure how difficult DM really is but I had the idea of using a signs/alchemy hybrid build. I don’t know how optimal this is for DM but it seemed like an interesting and different play style I wanted to try, so if anyone can offer any pointers such as different skills and things I need to be on the look out for that would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
4 weeks ago#2
Will you be paying on NG+?

92bryan
4 weeks ago#3
rockabilly_man posted...

Fresh start

rockabilly_man
4 weeks ago#4
92bryan posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Fresh start

My suggestion is that you should play on Blood and broken bones instead and do a DM run on ng+.
DM is a grind, the amount of damage the opponents can take is ridiculous and annoying

92bryan
3 weeks ago#5
rockabilly_man posted...
92bryan posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Fresh start

My suggestion is that you should play on Blood and broken bones instead and do a DM run on ng+.
DM is a grind, the amount of damage the opponents can take is ridiculous and annoying

Okay I’ll do that then. I’m thinking of only speccing into a couple of signs, so I don’t spread myself too thin. I’ve seen people say that it’s better to pick either Aard or Igni but not both?

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#6
92bryan posted...
rockabilly_man posted...
92bryan posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Fresh start

Okay I’ll do that then. I’m thinking of only speccing into a couple of signs, so I don’t spread myself too thin. I’ve seen people say that it’s better to pick either Aard or Igni but not both?

Not sure. I always go with Sword/Alchemy builds

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 weeks ago#7
rockabilly_man posted...
92bryan posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Fresh start

100% agree with this. But if you must then skip signs. Use fast attack and alchemy.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: TiegerJD

TiegerJD
3 weeks ago#8
You can also abuse horse combat in the early stages.
Full gallop, time your swings. Can take out most things in two attacks.
Vagrant Story
Level 16 Grand Master Breaker : Sweeper Of The Dark

User Info: preachinsin

preachinsin
3 weeks ago#9
rockabilly_man posted...

Only downside I found with this strategy is with mob enemies, like the sewer rat swarms. They caused my high-level Geralt no end of problems in DM NG+. Figured it out eventually, but it was not much fun.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 weeks ago#10
preachinsin posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Only downside I found with this strategy is with mob enemies, like the sewer rat swarms. They caused my high-level Geralt no end of problems in DM NG+. Figured it out eventually, but it was not much fun.

Thats because of level scaling. You don't have to have that on for a DM run even on NG+.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Advice for first DM playthrough
  • Post New Message