• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Merchants Selling Gwent Cards

User Info: meundies

meundies
1 month ago#1
Ok. I’ve searched and searched and have not gotten a clear answer. Just started the game and I am wondering

-Do Gwent cards restock from the merchants that do sell them? (I think I’ve played enough days to get a restock, if that’s even a thing, I’ve only seen confirmation that gold restocks and not item inventory.)

-Can you win multiple cards from winning games against the same challenger? (Also, I’ve tried playing the same person about 3-4 times and only gotten random items after the first win.)

Thank you!!! Loving the game so far!
PSN network- meundies

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#2
1. They're not supposed to, although some cards respawn for some innkeeps (decoys and scorch cards) but this is more of a bug.
2. No, one card per opponent
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Nadal_Fan13

Nadal_Fan13
1 month ago#3
If you want to get all of the cards and do it efficiently, keep note of who you've already played. I do it on my "notes" app on my iPhone for games - actively noting who you've already beaten for their Gwent card will save you from running around trying to figure it out when you're deeper into the game
"It's a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same."

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#4
There's a much simpler way to keep track for most merchants and if you got their gwent card. Many places will change a slight color after you go there. Just make sure that you play the merchant up on your first encounter and that way you know that ever merchant or inn that is marked as visited means you already got their card.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#5
If you have play gwent against someone, the dialogue color will turn from white to grey, so make sure you beat him, if you lost play again. You only need to make note about players you have challenged but haven't won against them like the Vizima guy or Oreton guy.

Cards that you can buy multiple times from tavern/inn keeper are decoy, scorch, gaunter o dimm darkness.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: Bronzescorpion

Bronzescorpion
1 month ago#6
Also if you haven't realized it yet. You have a book in your quest items that tells you how many cards you are missing in each area and how many random players you need to win against to get all cards.
PSN: Bronzescorpions

User Info: BongSabre

BongSabre
4 weeks ago#7
The White Orchard merchant cards can turn up at the Hanged Man's Tree in Velen. Use Witcher Senses and look around the base of the tree.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons, even death may die. C.O.I.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#8
Btw TC, your sig should read 'No more sweaty balls'.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Merchants Selling Gwent Cards
  • Post New Message