You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Witcher Netflix Triss Actress WTF

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 weeks ago#1
Triss Merigold in the books had blue eyes and chestnut colored hair. She was rather young of age and had natural beauty that she did not need magic to enhance. We don't know her actual age but she is the youngest in the Lodge and is referred to as being young. The games had her as Ciri's older sister with Yen as a mother.

And look at who they picked to be Triss in the series. YUCK. (In regards to the pick).

Why in the world was she picked? For me this might be the worst casting decision made yet.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: TheSlapcat

TheSlapcat
3 weeks ago#2
The whole thing seems very poorly cast.
PSN: TheSlapcat

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
3 weeks ago#3
Indeed ^

That’s what happens when you hand the reigns to someone who obviously wasn’t a fan of the books or games (and is seemingly very sjw).

But in any case her facial structure and freckles at least match. For everything else there’s hair dye/wigs and contact lenses I guess.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#4
I'll hold my complaining til i've seen the series.
Who knows, she could be extremely talented.
Also all sorceresses use magic to improve their appearance, this could be her without "make-up" and they'll make her better looking with special effects or something.
At least i hope that's the case.

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#5
One casting choice that really makes no sense to me and probably everyone who has read the books is Fringilla Vigo.
But i guess that's what happens when the showrunner is an sjw-feminist.

jurbanik
2 weeks ago#6
rockabilly_man posted...
One casting choice that really makes no sense to me and probably everyone who has read the books is Fringilla Vigo.

Well they have to have a token or two and poor Vigo lost that lottery. Didn't Geralt bang her in te books? I can't recall.

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#7
jurbanik posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Well they have to have a token or two and poor Vigo lost that lottery. Didn't Geralt bang her in te books? I can't recall.

They could have written in a brand new character instead of doing it to an existing character.
Yes Geralt banged her for a really long time.
I think he even mentioned that her appearance was similar to that of Yennefers... that's why he took a liking to her. That and he's one horny bastard in the books as well. Lol

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
2 weeks ago#8
Didn't they want a black chick as Ciri?
Official Baraka x Mileena supporter of all MK boards
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/

jurbanik
2 weeks ago#9
I wonder if Gralt in the TV show will be just as horny or if they remove that from the show.

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#10
Slayer_22 posted...
Didn't they want a black chick as Ciri?

They listed in the ad for the role that they were looking for a BAME actress.
If it was true or not i have no idea.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Witcher Netflix Triss Actress WTF