You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Skellige gwent deck question

User Info: Donfredde

Donfredde
1 month ago#1
So im lvl 19 about to leave novigrad and go to skellinge. Could i instead go and complete the new gwent quest line in blood and wine dlc or should i wait untill i completed the base game to avoid some spoilers? Or can i just go and collect the new cards and then return to the base game?

User Info: aybarra92

aybarra92
1 month ago#2
the first fight in the DLC that you have to do might be a little hard for you but otherwise i cant think of any reason you couldnt do it.
"Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya."
"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."

User Info: Donfredde

Donfredde
1 month ago#3
Cool thanks. Will give it a try then =}

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#4
You will be f***ed hard in the ass. Both DLC is for level 30+, see the mission with blue color (HoS) and red color (B&W), look at its level, if you just 5 levels below then you can do it, else prepare to get ploughed.

It’s better you play the DLC in stand alone mode, you will be in proper level.
(message deleted)

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#6
Yeah there are a few fights before you can get to the Gwent quest, the cyclops can be one-shotted but most likely you'll be killed by the bandits in Stonecutter's settlement before you even get the chance to start.
Spoiler-wise you'll be fine but you'll get your ass kicked.
Besides, it's much more fun to just play B&W as intended instead of this nonsense of half jumping into a story just to do 1 quest or grab a certain item and then leaving.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#7
SoulOfFayth posted...
Yeah there are a few fights before you can get to the Gwent quest, the cyclops can be one-shotted but most likely you'll be killed by the bandits in Stonecutter's settlement before you even get the chance to start.
Spoiler-wise you'll be fine but you'll get your ass kicked.
Besides, it's much more fun to just play B&W as intended instead of this nonsense of half jumping into a story just to do 1 quest or grab a certain item and then leaving.

The bandits you don't have to fight if you choose your conversation options with care.
However after the giant he will have to fight Scurvers which are tougher than regular Rotfiends.
(edited 1 month ago)

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#8
And then there's the Bruxa which will absolutely tear you apart.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#9
SoulOfFayth posted...
And then there's the Bruxa which will absolutely tear you apart.

I don't want to be a smartass but you don't have to fight the bruxa.
You can get the Gwent quest before that.

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#10
Eh probably, I just don't like playing the game wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Skellige gwent deck question