• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Just started. Addicted to Gwent.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#11
FruitTella94 posted...

Although try turning gwent difficulty up , that’s the true challenge.

Yes but while you have little to no cards it is not necessary. Turn up the challenge after you get a decent deck. Otherwise what you end up doing is going all over the place to buy cards, then going back to various merchants to win some cards and only then can you take on the quest NPC's and their decks.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: YiddosRule

YiddosRule
4 weeks ago#12
Strangely I never saw a difference between difficulties, do npc's get better cards or what?
I know a thing or two about a thing or two

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#13
They get better cards and the AI is much better. Some players seem to have an answer to every tactic, they use spies effectively and bait you into getting scorched, that sort of stuff rarely happens on easy. Of course a good deck will still brute force all of that.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: IloveJesus

IloveJesus
4 weeks ago#14
I've found that turning down the combat difficulty and turning up the Gwent difficulty makes the game much more enjoyable for me. I realise some of you will think that's madness, but I'm not a fan of the combat system.

I beat the baron for a unique card and can't seem to find it anywhere though.
Jesus loves us. It only seems fair to love him back.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#15
IloveJesus posted...
I've found that turning down the combat difficulty and turning up the Gwent difficulty makes the game much more enjoyable for me. I realise some of you will think that's madness, but I'm not a fan of the combat system.

I beat the baron for a unique card and can't seem to find it anywhere though.

I also play on low difficulty, because I enjoy the story more. Combat is fun enough but I prefer my relaxed playstyle.
As for the card, iirc you win Sigismund Dijkstra from the Baron, it should be in your deck now (Northern Realms).
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

IloveJesus
4 weeks ago#16
SoulOfFayth posted...
As for the card, iirc you win Sigismund Dijkstra from the Baron, it should be in your deck now (Northern Realms).

Yeah, it's not there.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#17
Press Option button, choose Gwent Cards, select Northern Realm with R1/L1.
You must select the card from the left side to add it to your deck (right side).

IloveJesus
4 weeks ago#18
kiss_utama posted...
Press Option button, choose Gwent Cards, select Northern Realm with R1/L1.
You must select the card from the left side to add it to your deck (right side).

I'm aware of that.

It's not there.
Kiss likes to assume everyone except him is a complete idiot, just ignore him and you’ll have a much more pleasant experience.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#20
If you are patched to the patest game then it is either back at the Baron's castle or in your deck. The card from the Baron can no longer be missed if you are on a patched game.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Just started. Addicted to Gwent.
  • Topic Closed