You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. I liked Blood and Wine up until the ending. spoilers

User Info: Yesmankablaam

Yesmankablaam
1 month ago#1
i got the bad ending. and that's not a big deal i screwed up but then when i looked up what were the deciding factors for getting better endings honestly... it's kind of dumb to me. especially when i go to the effort of like finding out about the duchess assassination and warning the guard does nothing to stop it. hell reading the deciding factors even telling the duchess to her face her sister wanted to kil her will do nothing to stop it.

instead i needed to do another quest instead which ok if i made the wrong quest choice. and then buy a ribbon since that's the most important thing i guess. and then doing what i did could lead to the good ending. but no way i could talk her out of it or something before that.

it for me just. i knew choices were abound nearing the end but the choices to me seemed to have no... i guess logical following behind them. at least when reading it and knowing most of the things i though were going to make a difference just don't. if i warned the guard captain and the duchess about her sister wanting to kill her maybe someone would do something. or something like that. but no. go buy syanna a ribbon.

it just kind of soured the whole thing honestly. kinda don't want to go back after that. otherwise i loved every bit of Toussaint (save that quest where you fought statues with the super fast casting mages)
A person is smart. People are dumb.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#2
It is a little weird that the ending is decided by what seems like a really small factor, on my first playthrough of B&W I reloaded that ending so many times, trying all dialogue options and being baffled by Anna Henrietta's stubborn naivety (although I guess that is in keeping with her character, she became more and more of a know-it-all through the story). But you know, look at the bright side, now you have a reason to play through it another time >_>
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#3
First off that isn't really the "bad" ending. Why is it that conniving vindictive sisters living is a "good" ending? She caused the death of hundreds of people.

IMO the best ending is the one sister dies and Detlaff lives.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#4
jurbanik posted...
First off that isn't really the "bad" ending. Why is it that conniving vindictive sisters living is a "good" ending? She caused the death of hundreds of people.

IMO the best ending is the one sister dies and Detlaff lives.

I agree, but I think the game is pretty clear in its presentation that it's supposed to be the 'bad' ending.
It's a hard choice, logically of course you want to fulfill your contract and not 'disappoint' the duchess. On the other hand, as they say, 'if you seek justice, hire a witcher'. Justice in this case means absolutely that Syanna has to be punished. It's really choosing the lesser evil, none of the endings are 100% positive.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

jurbanik
1 month ago#5
SoulOfFayth posted...
none of the endings are 100% positive.

So very true. For me I felt the best ending for Geralt was letting Detlaff live since that is the only ending where Regis isn't an outcast. I couldn't care less for the others but Regis is a dear close friend that saved your life and is willing to personally suffer to help you.

Therefore, based on my personal logic the good ending is the one where Regis is OK and that means Syanna has to go. But hey she got a final round of sex before getting killed so she went out with a smile on her face. LOL.

I forgot to add that even letting Detlaff live doesn't violate the contract. It is common for witchers to let sentient monsters live as long as they no longer kill humans. This is considered fulfilling the contract per witcher "rules".
(edited 1 month ago)

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#6
Yeah I also wanted to punish Syanna and let Regis live in peace, so I find that to be the best and most just ending by far as well.

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
1 month ago#7
jurbanik posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

So very true. For me I felt the best ending for Geralt was letting Detlaff live since that is the only ending where Regis isn't an outcast. I couldn't care less for the others but Regis is a dear close friend that saved your life and is willing to personally suffer to help you.

Therefore, based on my personal logic the good ending is the one where Regis is OK and that means Syanna has to go. But hey she got a final round of sex before getting killed so she went out with a smile on her face. LOL.

I forgot to add that even letting Detlaff live doesn't violate the contract. It is common for witchers to let sentient monsters live as long as they no longer kill humans. This is considered fulfilling the contract per witcher "rules".

I think that is a Geralt thing, like other witchers can and have killed dragons, but Geralt is against that.
PSN: MuraMasaXtreme88 Pawn Rose Sorceress Lvl 33
PSN: Kuro_Okami8 Pawn Behemoth Warrior Lvl 38

jurbanik
1 month ago#8
pablofreak88 posted...
jurbanik posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

I think that is a Geralt thing, like other witchers can and have killed dragons, but Geralt is against that.

It might be. But it also happens many times during the whole trilogy. So letting Detlaff live would be consistent to what Geralt has done in the past. That was what I was trying to convey. That the contract would still be fulfilled.

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
1 month ago#9
jurbanik posted...
pablofreak88 posted...
jurbanik posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

It might be. But it also happens many times during the whole trilogy. So letting Detlaff live would be consistent to what Geralt has done in the past. That was what I was trying to convey. That the contract would still be fulfilled.

I agree with that. Other witcher would kill Detlaff, or try most likely.
PSN: MuraMasaXtreme88 Pawn Rose Sorceress Lvl 33
PSN: Kuro_Okami8 Pawn Behemoth Warrior Lvl 38

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#10
Lambert definitely would. Although I wouldn't put it past him to present Anna Henrietta with the heads of both Detlaff and Syanna :')
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. I liked Blood and Wine up until the ending. spoilers