You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Nathalmighty1

Nathalmighty1
2 months ago#11
Any interest in the souls games? Similar medieval vibes but with a completely different focus (combat heavy instead of story and character driven).

Nothing really compares to what the witcher does best so maybe look at something in a similar tone but not trying to emulate what makes the witcher great.
A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!

User Info: Rodrigo996

Rodrigo996
2 months ago#12
Depends, you can try to get a different experience or try to go for another open world RPG.

For games with different vibes, check my sig. Half-Life 1 still holds up to be my favorite shooter ever, and super metroid is just amazing with it's atmosphere, they can both be run on a potato PC. Bloodborne is my favorite souls, if you still got a ps3 go for demon's souls, though DkS 1, 2 (yes, 2) and 3 are all great. And if you're itching for some more monster hunting, well go for... Monster Hunter!

For open world games I recommend New Vegas, it has amazing story and side quests, and you have much more freedom in how you approach quests than in TW3. Combat is bad tho imo, and while the world is a bit barren, each location is filled with quality content. If you have a switch go for BotW, the game has some flaws... but when it comes to exploration it's the best at it (even beats super metroid, and I say that as a nostalgic fanboy). The story is crap tho, and I say this as a Zelda fan, it ain't poorly told, it's just bad, as are the dungeons and bosses. Gothic 2 has a much, much smaller scope and the graphics have aged poorly, but it's a deep game with a lot of choices and interesting characters like tw3. A personal recommendation would be Dragon Age Origins. The game is amazing, it's more on the strategy side of things, like a CRPG, but the story, characters, choices and situations are as good as TW3. The game is slightly more linear tho, it's NOT an open world, even if you can go back and forth between areas and take on side quests.

Well that's it from me, hope I gave you some titles to look out for!
Super Metroid, Bloodborne, Half-Life, MGS3 and Witcher 3. The environment, the combat, the action, the characters, the story. Combine them.

User Info: Tangled_27

Tangled_27
2 months ago#13
Thank you guys for the really good suggestions. I really liked the Fallout games. I think I’ll try Prey and Dragon Age. Are you guys going to watch the Netflix series when it comes out?
Roar! =^.^=

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 months ago#14
Yes and i hope it will be good but i'm expecting the worst.

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
2 months ago#15
I feel you TC. For now The Witcher 3 is all I think about playing. I had to restart my playthrough because I upgraded to PS4 Slim Spidey bundle and didn't have cloud or USB save for my last playthrough.

Skeligge was the furthest I made it last time but now I'm midway through Novigrad and having a blast. I'm enjoying every minute of this awesome adventure. The last game that I had this much fun with was Fallout 3.

I recommend checking out Dragon's Dogma. The story is crap and the characters are forgettable but this game shines with its combat and pawn system.
Who cares? Just play the game instead of popping a blood vessel over meaningless sh.. - DoMyBest

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
2 months ago#16
Tangled_27 posted...
Thank you guys for the really good suggestions. I really liked the Fallout games. I think I’ll try Prey and Dragon Age. Are you guys going to watch the Netflix series when it comes out?

As rockabilly said, yes. But I’m expecting it to be rough. Henry Cavill looks ridiculous in the peeks lol.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
2 months ago#17
Yeah I'm not quite sure how to feel about the Netflix series. The casting is definitely questionable, but the director is someone who worked on Rome and Game of Thrones' earlier seasons (the good seasons) which is some of the best TV ever made. So I have hope that at least the setting and atmosphere will be good.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 months ago#18
SoulOfFayth posted...
Yeah I'm not quite sure how to feel about the Netflix series. The casting is definitely questionable, but the director is someone who worked on Rome and Game of Thrones' earlier seasons (the good seasons) which is some of the best TV ever made. So I have hope that at least the setting and atmosphere will be good.

Ohhh. I absolutely loved Rome, one of my favorite shows as well as the early GOT.
This was good news, feeling a bit more positive now.

User Info: enkidu52

enkidu52
2 months ago#19
I’d recommend the From Software games

You might find a new addiction

Sekiro is about to come out, if you have a PS4 I can highly recommend bloodborne

There’s so many awesome games out there, I’ve put easily 1000 hours into Witcher 3 and dlcs but just one game is never enough
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Zangato

Zangato
2 months ago#20
Yeah i have same issue, after W3 i cant go back to Odyssey.