You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#1
I just started and im in my first gwent game. I dont remember the background of gwent being so "scratchy" looking?

Ive been looking at youtube videos and in EVERY gwent game, the background is nice and smooth, like a solid brown color. Mine looks like im pkaying on a 100 year old wooden picnic table

i dont recall this looking this bad in my first pkaythrouh back in September 2018. I do have a brand new ps4 that i got in december, but that shouldnt matter.

I checked updates, and it says it has the latest update installed (version 1.62)

Not to mention, the text seems really small now. Especially in the gwent game, the cards at the bottom of the screen are tiny
Girls play video games too you know ;)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: aenimis

aenimis
1 month ago#2
You can adjust the size of the info boxes in game through holding L3 or R3 when you're on the menu screen, iirc. Did you get a new TV or anything? I've noticed a lot of textures and details I never noticed before going to 4k.

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#3
aenimis posted...
You can adjust the size of the info boxes in game through holding L3 or R3 when you're on the menu screen, iirc. Did you get a new TV or anything? I've noticed a lot of textures and details I never noticed before going to 4k.

No new tv, only a new system.

The in game zoom is an absurd zoom. It zooms it in like 10x closer, so i have to move the analog stick around to see the whole field a view. Its not something thats practical (ie cant be played that way)

Anyways, i stopped playing, since the game was giving me a headache

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#4
FinalFLuver posted...
I turned off the fish eye effect on witcher sense. You will feel better.

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#5
kiss_utama posted...
FinalFLuver posted...
I turned off the fish eye effect on witcher sense. You will feel better.

It is off.

My headache was due to the small text. Sitting too far from my tv makes it hard to read, giving me pain between my eyes, and sitting too close to a tv has always given me a headache, so im at a loss.

I didnt have this text issue before, so i dont know whats causing it.

Anyways i may come back to it, maybe just play a few minutes at a time
(edited 1 month ago)

kiss_utama
1 month ago#6
Is English not your first language? I find that they speak English pretty clear, so sometimes when I miss what they are saying because it is too fast especially Yennefer, I read the subtitles else I just listen.
But yes the subtitles are very small.

FinalFLuver
1 month ago#7
kiss_utama posted...
Is English not your first language? I find that they speak English pretty clear, so sometimes when I miss what they are saying because it is too fast especially Yennefer, I read the subtitles else I just listen.
But yes the subtitles are very small.

Yes english is my first language. What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I never once implied i couldnt read because of dialogue speed or language barriers.

I dont use the subtitles for voiced cut scenes. Im referring to all the other texts, like menu text, talking with people in towns, symbols on the gwent cards (ie ranged, melee, mid range), things like that

kiss_utama
1 month ago#8
FinalFLuver posted...
I dont use the subtitles for voiced cut scenes. Im referring to all the other texts, like menu text, talking with people in towns, symbols on the gwent cards (ie ranged, melee, mid range), things like that

My headache was due to the small text. Sitting too far from my tv makes it hard to read, giving me pain between my eyes, and sitting too close to a tv has always given me a headache, so im at a loss.

I didnt have this text issue before, so i dont know whats causing it.

then you need to use glasses, it is myopia. Seek nearby ophthalmologist or oculist.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#9
Yup, you probably need glasses. I used to have trouble reading the on screen text as well before I got mine. I actually quit games or didn't buy them because it looked like the text was too small and there was no old people mode. At that point I decided 'ok maybe I just need to get some f***ing glasses already'.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

FinalFLuver
4 weeks ago#10
I do wear glasses. And before i get some other "glasses" comments, yes, its a new prescription.

Like i said. I played this game back in September and i didnt have any issues with the font size. I got a brand new ps4 since then and now all of a sudden the font size is piss small

I only mention the new ps4 because thats the only thing thats changed. It shouldn't be the reason, but something is causing this. Because when i watch lets play videos on youtube, the font size seems normal, and the most noticeable difference is during the gwent games.

The background in the gwent games look like a 100 year old wooden house (lines everywhere), but the background in the youtube videos looks like modern age wooden flooring, solid color, almost like its been painted (thats the only way i know how to describe what im seeing)

If anyone has played mana khemia 2 for the ps2, then the text in that game was obviously worse than the text in this game, but its practically the same as during the gwent card games
(edited 4 weeks ago)