You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Anyone else touched by this moment? (romantic spoilers...)

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
1 month ago#1
Late in the game, Triss tells Geralt she loves him. He is playful with her and then, when she is out of earshot, he says, "I love you too". As a hardcore gamer dude, I am not ashamed to say I teared up a little at that.

I love how Geralt, as notoriously gruff and cynical as he is, is kind of a big softie underneath...or at least, very emotional when it comes to those he loves.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: Tonyjaa

Tonyjaa
1 month ago#2
Don't remember him telling triss "i love you too" during my playthrough. Probably because I romanced Yennifer instead. As for me I almost teared up when Vesemir died.

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
1 month ago#3
Tonyjaa posted...
Don't remember him telling triss "i love you too" during my playthrough. Probably because I romanced Yennifer instead. As for me I almost teared up when Vesemir died.

Aaah right, didn't even consider that there was another romantic track to go on. And yes, the death of Vesemir was a tough one to watch.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#4
If you're gonna do another playthrough you should romance Yen.
That romance is much more fleshed out.
Not that i have anything against Triss but still.

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
1 month ago#5
PlayTheGnome posted...
Late in the game, Triss tells Geralt she loves him

Team Yen or gtfo
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#6
SaintAkira7 posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

Team Yen or gtfo

One of those?

Experience the full game. Do both romances. Heck even try where you romance both of them. Be a faithful Geralt or a horndog Geralt. In other words try multiple things in the game and play it different ways. It's fine to have a favorite but being just Yen means you don't experience Shani content in the DLC.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: pb409

pb409
1 month ago#7
Tonyjaa posted...

Vesemir died an honorable death as a hero. That was a badass moment for him to go out the way he did.

SaintAkira7
1 month ago#8
jurbanik posted...
SaintAkira7 posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

Team Yen or gtfo

One of those?

Experience the full game. Do both romances. Heck even try where you romance both of them. Be a faithful Geralt or a horndog Geralt. In other words try multiple things in the game and play it different ways. It's fine to have a favorite but being just Yen means you don't experience Shani content in the DLC.

I've got 500 hours in Witcher 3; I've experienced just about everything a player can. Team Yen ftw, though one could make a damn strong argument for Geralt settling down with Skelligirl in her little cabin and living out the rest out his days with her, his combat-soul-mate. But I'm not going to make that argument here, today.

It's perfectly okay for anyone to choose Triss (and be wrong). XD

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#9
SaintAkira7 posted...
jurbanik posted...
SaintAkira7 posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

Team Yen or gtfo

One of those?

I've got 500 hours in Witcher 3; I've experienced just about everything a player can. Team Yen ftw, though one could make a damn strong argument for Geralt settling down with Skelligirl in her little cabin and living out the rest out his days with her, his combat-soul-mate. But I'm not going to make that argument here, today.

It's perfectly okay for anyone to choose Triss (and be wrong). XD

Not my point on which you like more Triss or Yen or something else. Point is to play ALL of them. Your initial post indicated that there was only one way to play with that gtfo part.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

SaintAkira7
1 month ago#10
jurbanik posted...
only one

Correct way :P

It's all good, and my initial post of "Team Yen or gtfo" was firmly tongue in cheek. Hard to express sarcasm in text, so my bad.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Anyone else touched by this moment? (romantic spoilers...)