You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. I really don't get the appeal of this game. *Spoilers*

User Info: Nathalmighty1

Nathalmighty1
3 months ago#11
jurbanik posted...
No he could very well have played 100 hours and at the end decided he didn't like the game. I've played over 100 hours and got a 96% completion rate for MEA. I also think MEA is a TERRIBLE game. Why did I do it?

1) I loved the ME trilogy.
2) I hoped the story would deliver in the end.
3) I'm compulsive and have to complete things.

But on the other hand I can argue with logic and clarity why I didn't like MEA. I can cite the quests, characters and many facts about the game. I don't make dumb blanket statement like every quest is the same without giving specific details to support it.

I guess this is actually my biggest struggle in understanding. I just couldn't bring myself to put nearly that much time into something I got no enjoyment from. Seems so pointless and a complete waste of time to me.
A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#12
Nathalmighty1 posted...
jurbanik posted...
No he could very well have played 100 hours and at the end decided he didn't like the game. I've played over 100 hours and got a 96% completion rate for MEA. I also think MEA is a TERRIBLE game. Why did I do it?

1) I loved the ME trilogy.
2) I hoped the story would deliver in the end.
3) I'm compulsive and have to complete things.

But on the other hand I can argue with logic and clarity why I didn't like MEA. I can cite the quests, characters and many facts about the game. I don't make dumb blanket statement like every quest is the same without giving specific details to support it.

I guess this is actually my biggest struggle in understanding. I just couldn't bring myself to put nearly that much time into something I got no enjoyment from. Seems so pointless and a complete waste of time to me.

Pretty much this, it's like keep reading a book, which you do not like just to confirm in the end that you did not like it :D
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#13
I've finished many a book that I hated, sat through many a movie that I hated, etc. There are some of us that actually do this.

Most of the time I'm honestly praying that something will eventually happen that redeems everything else. Besides I can recall many books, movies and games that I hated at the start, was bored or just wasn't having fun and then all of a sudden things clicked and I loved the rest.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 months ago#14

But the reason I know he's a troll is based on this one line:

"Every single quest is the same thing".

Yeah if anything, I'd say that's the one aspect of Witcher 3 that it does best. The side quests aren't mere fetch quests. They actually add to the lore of the story. It's part of what made Witcher 3 feel so alive because the side quest felt as important as the main quests.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: dannojmanno

dannojmanno
3 months ago#15
Nathalmighty1 posted...
Weird that you don't get the appeal of the game but played for 110 hours... I mean surely there was enjoyment had otherwise why play for so long?

Also complaining about bosses taking ages to kill but completely ignoring potions and oils? That's on you then bud.

This.
Voidwalker

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
3 months ago#16
Leicalol posted...
Nilfgaard being painted as the good guys far too much.

Um, what? The entire series goes to great lengths to demonstrate why Nilfgaard aren't the good guys by any capacity. You can experience their malicious nature at the very beginning of this game.
GT: Spianzy

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 months ago#17
Lol. What utter tripe. You post an awful lot of trash just to troll.

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
3 months ago#18
Nathalmighty1 posted...
Weird that you don't get the appeal of the game but played for 110 hours...

I don't see that as too unrealistic, we often see people spend like 90 hours in a Souls game not liking it until it "clicks" with them and they suddenly love the whole experience.

And besides no matter what amount of time TC would say would be met with criticism here:

Not enough hours (0-40 hours)= Hey Brah the story and game haven't even started yet.

Too many (41-100 hours): Hey Brah why would you play a game you don't like? Man you just have yourself to blame fam.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe
(message deleted)

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
3 months ago#20
Seitar posted...
Nathalmighty1 posted...
Weird that you don't get the appeal of the game but played for 110 hours...

I don't see that as too unrealistic, we often see people spend like 90 hours in a Souls game not liking it until it "clicks" with them and they suddenly love the whole experience.

And besides no matter what amount of time TC would say would be met with criticism here:

Not enough hours (0-40 hours)= Hey Brah the story and game haven't even started yet.

Too many (41-100 hours): Hey Brah why would you play a game you don't like? Man you just have yourself to blame fam.

Yeah, but Souls is a marmite type of game so it doesn't matter how good a game is reviewed sometimes. If it doesn't click, it doesn't click. This game has a much wider appeal so why spend more than 100 hours yet still dislike it?

Surely I’m not the only person who doesn’t really play games I don’t enjoy because, by and large, I don’t buy them? Sure there’s moaning and whining but if you are putting that many hours into an experience, then it’s doing something right for you.

This is true for the Witcher 1 and 3. If you make the mistake of judging the game by the first area alone, you’ll probably quit and miss two amazing games that keep getting better and better the further you progress.
GT: Spianzy
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. I really don't get the appeal of this game. *Spoilers*