2 months ago #1
    And I gave it a fair shot, played for 110 hours when I beat the game, played a sign build on Death March.

Issues:

Game starts out fairly challenging but goes from that to VERY trivial in under a dozen hours to the point where combat becomes spam igni till it dies or roll and slash till it dies, no substance. I never crafted potions or Witcher gear, nor did I ever use oils because it's cumbersome to do so, still easy.

Bosses are absolute trash, they're seriously bottom of the barrel garbage. They aren't threating enough yet they take FOREVER to kill because they're immune to signs. Willing to bet CDPR never had significant people test these fights with different builds and the majority of them just assumed everyone would go a melee build, which is probably correct but it's a roleplaying game, build variety and min-maxing is like the most important thing, you can't just balance it this sloppily and arbitrarily not make offensive spells function because it's a boss.

Every single quest is the same thing, sniff turds or feet and walk around till you find what you have to kill, over and over, for a narrative focused game you sure spend a lot of time with the bad combat.

Narrative/story is okay but has a ton of holes, doesn't reward players for playing the first two games nearly enough, no Iorveth nor Saskia, there's tons of awkward scenes that make no sense and it lacks subtlety. Dijkstra decides to kill off Roche, Ves and Thaler in essentially a brawl in which he's partaking himself even though the quest earlier said him and Thaler aren't suited to fighting? Siding with him isn't even a bad choice per se and has some merit but they make it blatantly obvious they want you to kill him off, why not make it so you have to pick between the two parties and going with Dijkstra ends up the other party assasinated off-screen so it doesn't try and force you in one direction? Same issue with Nilfgaard being painted as the good guys far too much.

Game is pretty to look at and has great music.

That's about it, needed to rant.

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    And I gave it a fair shot, played for 110 hours when I beat the game, played a sign build on Death March.

Issues:

Game starts out fairly challenging but goes from that to VERY trivial in under a dozen hours to the point where combat becomes spam igni till it dies or roll and slash till it dies, no substance. I never crafted potions or Witcher gear, nor did I ever use oils because it's cumbersome to do so, still easy.

Bosses are absolute trash, they're seriously bottom of the barrel garbage. They aren't threating enough yet they take FOREVER to kill because they're immune to signs. Willing to bet no one at CDPR every had significant people test these fights with different builds and the majority of them just assumed everyone would go a melee build, which is probably correct but it's a roleplaying games, build variety and min-maxing is like the most important thing.

Every single quest is the same thing, sniff turds or feet and walk around till you find what you have to kill, over and over.

Narrative/story is okay but has a ton of holes, doesn't reward players for playing the first two games nearly enough, no Iorveth nor Saskia, there's tons of awkward scenes that make no sense and it lacks subtlety. Dijkstra decides to kill off Roche, Ves and Thaler in essentially a brawl in which he's partaking himself even though the quest earlier said him and Thaler aren't suited to fighting? Siding with him isn't even a bad choice per se and has some merit but they make it blatantly obvious they want you to kill him off, why not make it so you have to pick between the two parties and going with Dijkstra ends up the other party assasinated off-screen so it doesn't try and force you in one direction? Same issue with Nilfgaard being painted as the good guys far too much.

2 months ago

Issues:

Bosses are absolute trash, they're seriously bottom of the barrel garbage. They aren't threating enough yet they take FOREVER to kill because they're immune to signs. Willing to bet no one at CDPR every had significant people test these fights with different builds and the majority of them just assumed everyone would go a melee build, which is probably correct but it's a roleplaying games, build variety and min-maxing is like the most important thing.

Every single quest is the same thing, sniff turds or feet and walk around till you find what you have to kill, over and over, for a narrative focused game you sure spend a lot of time with the bad combat.