3 months ago #9
    Yep I know what it's like. No game comes close to this. There are lots of other open world games this generation but all of them feel shallow with repetitive gameplay, too much focus on action, and just plain missing the amazing atmosphere this game delivers. Well, Kingdom Come definitely tried and doesn't feel shallow but is missing atmosphere and the world is kinda boring.
    I have stopped looking for a game that can even be compared to this, I just play different types of games. Resident Evil 2 has managed to take my mind off the Witcher for a bit, then I've also been playing a lot of walking sims that have a great atmosphere and compelling stories like Firewatch, What Remains of Edith Finch or Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I'm really trying to let TW3 cool off for a while.

I'm holding out hope for Cyberpunk and The Outer Worlds, though they are very different in setting they're made by developers who brought me the 2 best games I ever played, The Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas. So I hope at least they can scratch that itch for a well written immersive world with great storytelling and atmosphere.
    'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'