You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Anyone else feel this game is too easy?

User Info: SW_POWN

SW_POWN
2 months ago#1
I just finished the game on Death March. Without spoiling anything, I have to say that the final boss battle was... underwhelming at least. Just so easy, as with every other fight in the whole game.

Every enemy including all bosses just have a few simple moves that they spam, you only have to see their moves once and you will instantly know how to dodge them and deal with them.

I still have a couple of contracts left to do but am severely overleveled for those, so doubt they will pose any challenge.

Good thing the story in the game is good, else it would have actually been a complete letdown.

..except for the ending though. It's bad.
I ask alot of questions.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 months ago#2
Do you have level scaling on?
The boss fights are a lot tougher in the DLCs if you're planning on playing those.

User Info: bubbaX

bubbaX
2 months ago#3
what you mean level scaling?

i personally hate level scaling!
so i glad its off lol
Mad Cartoonist is the very best dissida player ever!

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 months ago#4
bubbaX posted...
what you mean level scaling?

i personally hate level scaling!
so i glad its off lol

Well he was complaining that the game is too easy, maybe level scaling would be perfect for him.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 months ago#5
Well you can always equip the wooden sword and the puffy shirt and go that route if the game is too easy.

Can the game be too easy? Sure can. But was it easy because I made my character OP? Yep sure was.

Sometimes I actually question how honest people are. On a standard new game (not plus) on DM when Ciri fights the three crones that fight can be a real nightmare. Just one or two wrong "sprints" and you get insta-killed. And on DM Ciri does almost no damage so it takes around 20 minutes of darting, hit, darting, hit, darting hit etc. Boring yes. Easy? depends on definition. Easy in that it takes little thought but not easy for an old guy like me that hates to repeat things for 20 minutes.

There are a few more of those types of fights. For example the wraith (Jenny) was a killer of a fight for me the first time I tried it on DM (my second game overall). I was at level 12 I think and it took me 15+ tries to win the fight. I was still learning the patterns and what to do in those fights and I totally SUCK at throwing bombs.

Finally, if you look around at all the forums more people complain that some fights are too hard. On any spectrum there will be people that think everything is too easy and some that think everything is too hard. I actually pity both as they end up not having fun.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Anyone else feel this game is too easy?