You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Nothing happens at "Circle of Elements"...bug?

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
2 weeks ago#1
I'm on "The Final Trial". Somehow I got to the Circle of Elements without encountering the trolls first. The quest says "Get to the Circle of Elements" and I'm there at the little altar where the quest marker is...I've basically arrived and nothing is happening.

Solutions?
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: good_tobi

good_tobi
2 weeks ago#2
have you ignited torches around the altar?
Don't need sharingan to see this.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#3
Reload a save and do the quest again properly.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
2 weeks ago#4
Best bug finder ever 👍🏻. Haven't been a month here but already found so many bugs in the game.

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
2 weeks ago#5
good_tobi posted...
have you ignited torches around the altar?

There was no interaction from Lambert, no talk, no cut scene, nothing, when we arrived. So, I loaded an earlier save, found the trolls, went back, and that triggered everything at the Circle of Elements.

I absolutely love the game but this is definitely my pet peeve with it (other than the bugs). The game encourages exploration and experimentation but if you don't succeed in a quest in the exact way the devs designed, you're stuck and things can't progress. Happened several times, when I did what the quest said I should do, but I didn't "do it the right way". The quest log said to "get to the Circle of Elements" and that's exactly what I did. HOW you accomplish a quest shouldn't matter...just that you accomplished it.

Another example of this quest completion problem is when I killed Einar to get the fang needed to lift the werewolf curse. Nothing kicked in when I got back to the werewolf. Find out later on forums that you're supposed to negotiate with Einar for the fang, and if you kill him for the fang, doesn't work. Kinda funny, since the game rewards brute force options equally throughout just about every quest.

Anyway, still great game but nonsensical sections like these have me pulling my hair out and wasting time loading an earlier save to do it all over again.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 2 weeks ago)

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#6
kiss_utama posted...
Best bug finder ever 👍🏻. Haven't been a month here but already found so many bugs in the game.

Encountering bugs, at least he's good at something.
(message deleted)

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#8
Haha 😂

rockabilly_man
2 weeks ago#9
@kiss_utama
Please tag that as spoilers.
I f***ing hate spoilers even when i'm not affected personally.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
2 weeks ago#10
rockabilly_man posted...
@kiss_utama
Please tag that as spoilers.
I f***ing hate spoilers even when i'm not affected personally.
sigh the post can't be edited again, it just 1 hour ago. How long is it until a post no longer can be edited?
I thought that's an imaginary conversation so I didn't put spoiler tag on it.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Nothing happens at "Circle of Elements"...bug?