• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't believe I'm saying this but...

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#31
jurbanik posted...
philp86 posted...
I must be playing a different game. Level 14 and still getting my ass handed to me on Story and Sword. Maybe I'm just s*** at games...

What really only matters is if you are having fun. I used to yell at my youngest son before he went to college as he would slam the controller or mouse at something in a game that frustrated him. I would say why are you even playing the game if it frustrates you like that? Games are supposed to be fun. So do whatever YOU like to make the game fun and enjoyable for you.

Very well said. Also, too many people here like to take potshots at people who don't "game like they do" and who play games at their own pace, instead of "how everyone is supposed to play the game". Every gamer has their own way of doing things, and it's a shame there's less tolerance than ever for each other (if you go by some of the posts here).
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#32
I think the vast majority of the people posting are good people. I come across as too hard headed and opinionated most of the time. Doesn't mean I'm a bad person or not tolerant. It just means I'm passionate in my opinion.

Some people love a very robust and "heated" discussion. Others don't. While those that don't sometimes say more tolerance is needed I say they may need to have more tolerance for those that do love heated and fierce debates.

But in the end you can't please everyone and someone somewhere in the world will be offended.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 months ago#33
.jurbanik posted...
But in the end you can't please everyone and someone somewhere in the world will be offended.

Especially when someone is immediately offended if you don't agree with him or suggest he may be responsible for certain problems himself.
I mean if you can't handle a little 'wtf were you doing?' the internet may not be a safe place for you.

And I agree about playing to have fun, I pretty much always play on 'just the story' or 'story and sword', I play to relax. And if I want a challenge I can always bump it up and/or do a contract way above my level. Also means I don't have to minmax but can just use whatever equipment I like or looks good.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#34
SoulOfFayth posted...

And I agree about playing to have fun, I pretty much always play on 'just the story' or 'story and sword', I play to relax. And if I want a challenge I can always bump it up and/or do a contract way above my level. Also means I don't have to minmax but can just use whatever equipment I like or looks good.

Maybe it was me but I always had trouble throwing bombs. But I really wanted to try out a game where I picked all the bomb talents. So I set the game to easiest mode and played it that way. I got to enjoy seeing the cluster bombs without having to run for my life every other second.

But we humans are mostly competitive and therefore think if there is DM level we MUST play at that level. I tried to play Long War2 mod for XCOM 2 on highest level difficulty and ironman. RNG results soon when against me and I lost the best soldiers I had. I felt myself getting mad and upset so I just stopped and replayed the game at a lower difficulty level. I enjoyed it then. I wanted the challenge but when the challenge became a grind and not fun I changed it.

Games are meant for entertainment. Do we go to movies in the hope that the popcorn is burnt or that pins are stuck in the seats? Of course some movies are a challenge and a chore to watch all the way through but that is a different story.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#35
jurbanik posted...
I think the vast majority of the people posting are good people. I come across as too hard headed and opinionated most of the time. Doesn't mean I'm a bad person or not tolerant. It just means I'm passionate in my opinion.

Some people love a very robust and "heated" discussion. Others don't. While those that don't sometimes say more tolerance is needed I say they may need to have more tolerance for those that do love heated and fierce debates.

Heated arguments and debates about game content and strategies are one thing. Just flat-out insulting other gamers is another, and borderline troll territory. If you see the thread I'm referring to, I certainly wasn't the first to start insulting others. I'm amused by how some on this board take to insulting because I had the audacity to discover a bug or found a dead-end in a quest. At one point, Triss runs in place into a wall and doesn't move past it. I suppose that's my fault too.

I would say 90% of the folks here are very helpful and happy to help new players. There will always be jerks who offer nothing helpful, just rudeness and trollish behavior...that's just the nature of forums and life in general. And somehow, these jerks always seem to be shocked when you actually call them on their stuff. If I'm guilty of anything, it's responding back to the trolls. But it's hard to turn a blind eye to injustice.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 months ago#36
PlayTheGnome posted...
But it's hard to turn a blind eye to injustice.

Getting called out on your own stupidity = injustice
Mein Gott this guy has ego issues. A real philosopher
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#37
SoulOfFayth posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...
But it's hard to turn a blind eye to injustice.

Getting called out on your own stupidity = injustice
Mein Gott this guy has ego issues. A real philosopher

I was going to say something like that as well but the guy blocked me so no point in that. Oh well
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't believe I'm saying this but...
  • Topic Archived