• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't believe I'm saying this but...

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
4 months ago#1
...as someone who was really struggling early on in the game just 3 weeks ago, I am now Level 19 and finding the combat to be too....EASY? I'm playing on "Blood and Broken Bones!". I have put every one of my ability points into Combat and the mutagens have increased my attacks also. My steel sword is something like 224-274 and my silver is nearly at 300. Using Griffin Enhanced Armor, mostly. Use mostly igni and axii. Finding that most monsters (including bosses at the end of Quests) go down in 3-5 hits now. Humans, 1-3 hits. Should it be this easy already? I do occasionally run into undiscovered areas where I am underleveled, but I am really surprised that all of a sudden, I feel kinda OP. I am even doing quests that are 3-5 levels above me and still kinda breezing through them now.

Is it recommended to put the game on Death March or maybe select "Enemy Scaling" in the Gameplay options, to up the challenge? Does the game get more challenging on its own anyway?

I owe plenty of people here thanks, for helping me along the way...the game is definitely very manageable now. The only things I run into now that trouble me are game bugs, mostly. Also, I am not sure why when I pick up notices on the notice boards, sometimes 5 or 6 new quests appear...and sometimes I pick up notices and nothing happens at all.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: Tonyjaa

Tonyjaa
4 months ago#2
I also played on blood and broken bones and it was really easy for me too. I tried deathmarch but I got my a#$ handed to me so I had to switch back to blood and broken bones. I suggest u give deathmatch a try, maybe it will suit u more. I think by u putting all of your points into combat along with mutagens u made it waay too easy, as I spread my points out over combat and signs.
As for the notice boards not all of them will give u quests, some just give warnings or notices.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
4 months ago#3
The game becomes very easy on any difficulty with good Witcher gear and smart skill point investment.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
4 months ago#4
Tonyjaa posted...
I also played on blood and broken bones and it was really easy for me too. I tried deathmarch but I got my a#$ handed to me so I had to switch back to blood and broken bones. I suggest u give deathmatch a try, maybe it will suit u more. I think by u putting all of your points into combat along with mutagens u made it waay too easy, as I spread my points out over combat and signs.
As for the notice boards not all of them will give u quests, some just give warnings or notices.

Thanks. Yeah, I put all my points into combat because I figured that would "give me the best chance" in a tough game. I didn't think it would make things a cakewalk. The point in using ability pts. is to get tougher, right? :) I just figured this was the best way cause combat is so central to this game. I also get the feeling that if I go to Death March, it'll throttle me. I do occasionally run into several enemies and that can be a challenge. Not trying to be facetious, but the toughest part of the game I find right now, is actually...fistfights. I just can't get either the timing down or something else I'm not grasping, but I am just getting my butt kicked against all but the weakest of fat fighting dudes.

MagillaGuerilla posted...
The game becomes very easy on any difficulty with good Witcher gear and smart skill point investment.

I am finding this also. Maybe I'll choose "enemy scaling" in the gameplay options, to level the playing field a bit. The combat, though central to the game, still takes a back seat to the characters and discovering the plot, so I don't mind being OP too much. Still, would like a bit more of an even-handed experience.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#5
Game will be more difficult during both expansions thankfully.
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#6
Wait till you go for the Order of the Flaming Rose in the HoS expansion. Those guys are going to ass whoop you.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#7
rockabilly_man posted...

Only slightly though. This game is a blast. It’s one of my favorites of all time so I’m not knocking it. And. Love geralt turning into feeling like an unstoppable God. But the difficulty has a steep drop off.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#8
GNS1991 posted...
Wait till you go for the Order of the Flaming Rose in the HoS expansion. Those guys are going to ass whoop you.

Not to mention the Ofieri mage

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#9
MagillaGuerilla posted...
rockabilly_man posted...

Only slightly though. This game is a blast. It’s one of my favorites of all time so I’m not knocking it. And. Love geralt turning into feeling like an unstoppable God. But the difficulty has a steep drop off.

You're right, it's a piece of cake with a good build.

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#10
But i guess there's no point in posting in this guy's topics since he believes i'm a pathetic troll. Hehe
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't believe I'm saying this but...
  • Topic Archived