You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. No XP given for completing "Get Junior"

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#1
That's pretty bad...this quest took forever. I'm on the 1.00 version...is it worth downloading the updates? I've avoided it because they are huge.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
3 months ago#2
Fix alot of bugs over patches, but depending on quests level, doing something 9-10 below you might only yield 1-2 exp. =/

BUT...... several money glitches and other thing open to you on a unpatched game. XD

But ya, Itlest on 1.60 you get little exp from stuff below you.
Choco Cookies!

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#3
Sera67 posted...
Fix alot of bugs over patches, but depending on quests level, doing something 9-10 below you might only yield 1-2 exp. =/

BUT...... several money glitches and other thing open to you on a unpatched game. XD

But ya, Itlest on 1.60 you get little exp from stuff below you.

Ok thanks...trying to work out whether it's worth downloading the big update.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#4
Yes it’s worth the update. Witcher 3 is fantastic but it has at least a few game breaking bugs if left unpatched. I personally experienced the inability to hire the ship captain to take me to skellige back at launch. If not for a patch that came out I’d have been screwed.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#5
Sera67 posted...
Fix alot of bugs over patches, but depending on quests level, doing something 9-10 below you might only yield 1-2 exp

Not entirely true. Main quests will always give you the intended XP. Witcher contracts and side quests are a different matter, though.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#6
PlayTheGnome posted...
That's pretty bad...this quest took forever. I'm on the 1.00 version...is it worth downloading the updates? I've avoided it because they are huge.

Just start the download and put the ps4 in rest mode when you go to sleep bro.
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

User Info: cmikes

cmikes
3 months ago#7
rockabilly_man posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

The op might have download caps to worry about, but the advice about starting the download then putting your PS4 in sleep mode is right on the money. My PS4 downloads about 10x faster in sleep mode.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 months ago#8
cmikes posted...
rockabilly_man posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

The op might have download caps to worry about, but the advice about starting the download then putting your PS4 in sleep mode is right on the money. My PS4 downloads about 10x faster in sleep mode.

Yea it's the same with my downloads.
Always goes faster in rest mode
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#9
Thanks...will try downloading a bit later. There are all kinds of bugs that come up...some kinda funny (Triss running continually into a wall when she's supposed to be leading you to a location).

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#10
rockabilly_man posted...
cmikes posted...
rockabilly_man posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...

Yea it's the same with my downloads.
Always goes faster in rest mode

When it’s in rest mode it can dedicate all of its resources to that of course so it downloads much faster. If you even so much as have a game running in suspended mode it’ll slow your downloads down some.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. No XP given for completing "Get Junior"