You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. What keeps Witcher 3 interesting ?

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#11
Remember the game came out a long time ago so over the years I've come back to the game but also played many other games.

There are two major play through's just based on Triss vs. Yen romance. Who do you pick to rule Skellige? That is three choices there. Add in NG+ for another game. And remember we started playing before the DLC's so I did a fresh start for each of those.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#12
I'm also trying to parse out my witchering by playing other games in between. Mostly small games that can be finished in a few days, and since I mostly just game in the weekends I sometimes manage to get a few Witcher free weeks. But I just keep coming back to this game. It's ridiculous. After I had the same thing with New Vegas I thought no game would ever get its hooks in me like that again, but Witcher 3 managed to top it.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#13
Over the years I spent many hours in Fallout 2, Boulders Gate 2, Witcher 3, Morrowind, Mass Effect 2, KOTOR 2 and to a lesser degree Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins. But in each of those I logged over 1000 hours and probably closer to 2000 hours of play time.

And I still logged hundreds of hours in non RPG type games (usually strategy based).
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#14
SoulOfFayth posted...
I'm also trying to parse out my witchering by playing other games in between. ……… But I just keep coming back to this game. It's ridiculous.
know what happens when I try playing other games? The Lullaby of Woe is singing in my head.
Well I guess it's better than 3 knocks on the door.

User Info: enkidu52

enkidu52
1 month ago#15
After doing most everything in ng+ I made a new ng+ file and did a playthrough just for the Gwent trophy which was my last one

Now when I come back to it I play my ng+ file with a full base game gwent collection, as I consider it the most complete file

From here whenever I come back to play I’ll continue doing quests and work on getting all the gwent cards from the dlc

I’ve probably put more hours into this game than any I’ve ever owned, and to get a really complete file I’d still have to play a lot more, game has ridiculous amount of content

love the books too
Honestly, walk around in White Orchard and Toussaint for a little. They alone should tell you why we're all addicted to this game.-

User Info: Drizzt_1981

Drizzt_1981
5 days ago#17
What keeps bringing me back the witcher world is that I have beat the game about 5 times, and I still find new things, new little interactions. That is why it's still on the top of list. For me I still are trying a perfect playthrough, I do that with all my games, especially anything with choice. Hell, I recently replayed the entire mass effect trilogy just to try to get a perfect playthrough.

I think I might have a problem.
"Sane is boring." -R.A. Salvatore
GT: Drizzt 1981

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
2 days ago#18
Shouldn't based anything off the top ten. I am pretty sure CJayC/Sailor said it is incredibly buggy.
"The Emperor protects."
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Drizzt_1981

Drizzt_1981
2 days ago#19
I have 600+ hrs in the game i have only hit two bugs, in the marshes you can get stuck in the "pot holes" sometimes. And had to do with what happens when you hit level 100, it breaks. I never take the word of anyone that says "it supper buggy", cite examples and then you can talk, and if your knowledge is second hand it throw that out completely.
Just my two cents.
"Sane is boring." -R.A. Salvatore
GT: Drizzt 1981
__Blight__ posted...
Shouldn't based anything off the top ten. I am pretty sure CJayC/Sailor said it is incredibly buggy.

It was a bit buggy at launch, like almost any game since the launch of Xbox love and PlayStation network. But more importantly don’t chime in if you don’t have any personal experience on something. Your statement shows that you have no idea and are relying off outdated or wrongful current information.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. What keeps Witcher 3 interesting ?