You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
4 weeks ago#11
Well i gave you my answer why i don't use potions at the same time i use decoctions, sith face. Lol
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#12
Seems like the decoction effect is bugged sometimes I see Geralt with all those veins on his face, but after some cutscene his face back to normal. Or maybe because the toxicity dropped, I'm not sure, but clear face is alright for me so no complaint. I always use 3 decoctions + some potions.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#13
kiss_utama posted...
What is the use of using 4 decoctions but unable to use any potions? I better use 3 decoctions and able to use superior tawny oil, superior thunderbolt or in emergency of dying: superior swallow. It will have the same output on attack power as Phoenix once wrote in this board.

That's why I wrote the 3 OR 4 decoction build. Both are super great. One hardly ever uses any potions (though IIRC you still have some space for a small potion like cat eye or the whale one). The other allows potions with the 3 decoctions so you can better prepare for a fight. But both are so OP with that mutagen that it doesn't matter.

Easiest game I ever played was a death march NG+ after fully finishing the B&W DLC.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#14
jurbanik posted...
Easiest game I ever played was a death march NG+ after fully finishing the B&W DLC.
it changes "Death March" into "A Walk in the Park".
I personally enjoyed the apex predator build on YouTube. I can’t remember if that was the youtubers name or name of the video, but it was fantastic and easy mode.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: Lestat_2079

Lestat_2079
4 weeks ago#16
MagillaGuerilla posted...
I personally enjoyed the apex predator build on YouTube. I can’t remember if that was the youtubers name or name of the video, but it was fantastic and easy mode.

I think your talking about the build from Apex of war using Ursine armor heavy strike and invigorate on the sword. You put Quen on and can’t die it’s a god mode build I’m not sure how effective it is at level 100 on deathmarch with how enemies hit.
PSN Mannfrede

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#17
The build is aiming to get 100% resistance so no matter what is the monster level if you have Quen, its attack will have 0 hit so Quen will last forever. See Phoenix237 build which he claimed slight better than apex of war, he combine ursine & undvik gear with protective coating skill and Arachas decoction to reach 100% resistance.

I found it boring if enemy attack does not have effect on Geralt, it changes the game into hack & slash, that's also another reason I don't use whirl and undying skill or second life mutation. Euphoria itself is already pretty overpower.
That’s the one. I used it on ng+ Deathmarch upto about level 75 and it was godmode. I was mostly one hitting everything with the aerondight and Toussaint Steel Sword. I have no doubt it would have held on just fine to 100 had I decided to stretch the game out that far but after w1, w2, and two back to back runs of w3 including dlc I was burnt out. It was fantastic killing all the wild hunt bosses in 2-3 hits lol. With the way when is factored in, only taking damage AFTER all resistances and armor has been calculated, quen lasts forever. Monsters can barely touch you and when they do you just refill your health in one or two swings.

It may not be the most exciting build but it makes for a very fast paced game. As I said I had been on a Witcher binge and I was just looking to clean up a death march speedrun for the trophy and it made short work of it.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#19
I know this is PS4 but I play on a PC and I lover the mod that removes the Sith face from too many potions. It's the only mod I use all the time.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: Lestat_2079

Lestat_2079
3 weeks ago#20
jurbanik posted...
I know this is PS4 but I play on a PC and I lover the mod that removes the Sith face from too many potions. It's the only mod I use all the time.

The sith face is rough but most of the time you are looking at Getalts back.
PSN Mannfrede