You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lestat_2079

Lestat_2079
4 weeks ago#1
Best Armor NG+ DM

I’m playing NG + currently on Deathmarch and I need some recommendations. What is the stronger build for deathmarch? Manticore combat alchemy or Ursine Combat Alchemy? I have heard that Ursine at max level isn’t that strong.
Thank you in advance.
PSN Mannfrede

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#2
I go for melee build in DM but I don't use Ursine, because I have confidence in myself that I won't get so many hits after trained so well in the first playthrough. So I use Feline set because it boost my attack power heavily.

I know that using Nilfgardian guardian gauntlet will give me +50% critical damage bonus but I just can't bear looking those Thanos Infinity Gauntlets on Geralt hands. So I will stick with feline set.

So the only thing that can be changed are the skills, here's mine:
Greater blue mutagen
1. Melt armor Igni ×5
2. Delusion Axii ×3
3. Cat School Technique

Greater red mutagen
4. Protective coating ×5
5. Synergy ×5
6. Razor Focus ×5

Greater red mutagen
7. Muscle memory ×5
8. Precise blows ×5
9. Sunder armor ×5

Greater red mutagen
10. Strength training ×5
11. Crushing blows ×5
12. Rend ×5

Euphoria
Acquired tolerance ×3
Heightened tolerance ×5
Tissue transmutation ×5
Killing Spree ×5

I drink Ekimmara (do damage to enemy will restore health 10% of damage points), water hag (+50% attack when at full health) and doppler (+50% attack power if strike from behind) decoctions with superior thunderbolt (+30% attack power), superior tawny oil (increase stamina regeneration, never expired at night) potions. If I'm hurt badly I drink Superior swallow.

Feline armor is awesome, it's based on elf armor so it's light and doesn't protect much because elf is supposedly to be bad ass and shouldn't get too many hits from its opponent. And that's what I should be in the Death March.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
4 weeks ago#3
Just use the strongest armor available.
Both Ursine and Manticore will become obsolete after you leave White Orchard.
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
4 weeks ago#4
Alchemy/Combat Manticore is highest possible dps output, this is well documented. With 4 decoctions running at all time you have 12k hp and hit for 15k, the manticore weapons are also the highest damage of all witcher gear with only toussaint knight steel coming close. Aerondight requires Whirl and micromanaging, is overrated
(message deleted)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
4 weeks ago#6
Neither of the two choices. Read up on the 3 or 4 decoction build. That is the strongest.

Aerondight is the ONLY sword you NEVER have to replace. It is not overrated and can easily be upgraded without whirl.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: Lestat_2079

Lestat_2079
4 weeks ago#7
Ok awesome thank you for the reply’s. I think I know what the 4 decoction build is with the manticore armor. I will stick with that and rend/ sunder armor until level 100 and Platinum the game.
PSN Mannfrede
(edited 4 weeks ago)

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#8
What is the use of using 4 decoctions but unable to use any potions? I better use 3 decoctions and able to use superior tawny oil, superior thunderbolt or in emergency of dying: superior swallow. It will have the same output on attack power as Phoenix once wrote in this board.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
4 weeks ago#9
kiss_utama posted...
What is the use of using 4 decoctions but unable to use any potions? I better use 3 decoctions and able to use superior tawny oil, superior thunderbolt or in emergency of dying: superior swallow. It will have the same output on attack power as Phoenix once wrote in this board.

I prefer to use maximum decoctions because of Geralts Sith face.
Besides if you use ekimmara or ekhidna decoctions why on earth would you want to use swallow potion.
Git gud mate
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

kiss_utama
4 weeks ago#10
rockabilly_man posted...
kiss_utama posted...
I prefer to use maximum decoctions because of Geralts Sith face.
Besides if you use ekimmara or ekhidna decoctions why on earth would you want to use swallow potion.
Git gud mate
I only use swallow in emergency condition so I rarely use that, because ekimmara is already regenerate my health, my point here is that I can use other potions like tawny oil for stamina regeneration, thunderbolt for more attack power, cat when in dark cave, black blood when fighting vampire, so more fluid than I have to stick to 4 decoctions all time.
As time passes my toxic level will decrease and I can use other potion I want but still maintain my tawny oil effect which last for all night long until sunrise.