You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Holy crap this game is huge.

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
3 months ago#11
Ratchet_Fan8 posted...
geertmatthys posted...
size isn't everything, when you're in a damn boat in Skellige going to pointless question marks you wonder what you're doing with your life. I'm playing AC Odyssey now and same thing, in a boat chasing some marker for 100hrs. Kill me....

Skellige is so annoying,least time spent there

I am about to head to Skellige for the first time, so this is disturbing to hear. I have 2 or 3 quests apparently waiting for me in Skellige, so one may interrupt another...which is kind of annoying. But yes, this game is gigantic...kinda puts most other games to shame.

Am I wrong in calling this the best RPG of all-time?
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: phreatobite

phreatobite
2 months ago#12
Visit all the signposts when you first get to Skellige then all subsequent travelling around is much less painful.
What are you doing here? Why don't you go torture some heretics!

User Info: Laranoas

Laranoas
2 months ago#13
Yeah, I finished the game already but didn't get into the side stuff (huge mistake, still burned like 60 hours on it including Blood and Wine though). Playing it again on the PS4 and I totally agree with you, 35 hours in and only recently finished the Novigrad main storyline and have a bunch of stuff to do on Novigrad. Only game I can compare to Skyrim in terms of size.

User Info: Zaikeil

Zaikeil
2 months ago#14
Skyrim is very small compair to The Witcher 3. You can be already half way across the map in Skyrim, but not even be half way across the map in the third Witcher game.

User Info: murrowboy1

murrowboy1
2 months ago#15
Not to spoil but it is nothing. assassin's creed odyssey is way bigger. Not better though...

I haven't played fallout 76 but I heard it's pretty big too.. again, not better...
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
2 months ago#16
Even if Witcher 3 is smaller than some games, it isn't in terms of content. I prefer a smaller map with interesting narrative content over a huge empty shooting gallery.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 months ago#17
Turn off map markers. A lot of open world games feel like checklists because of that.

Better to just explore the world as you see it instead of constantly consulting the map.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
2 months ago#18
Witcher 3 rates in (for me) on "Meh" scale.
It gets top rating for making farms and towns, and cities stand out like they should on landscape.
Its great looking and makes you feel the world around you.
Item wise, it felt boring... oh look, a crate.... oh look a crate and a bag. yays more water and string....woot!
It suffer like Skyrim suffers, little reason go back to a location, (its rare anything new spawns)
But after awhile, the map was great to explore... but once you can start picking out "rock mesh" reused 1000+ times, the map starts feel old. XD

Dragons Dogma wins to me, small... layered to some points, and for what ever reason, finding crates/barrels and odd items behind tree, or bush felt rewarding.

LotrO is one of bigger maps i've explored, (which is suppose to be smaller then Just Cause games, but how they do miles/km coverage varies by object size.
Choco Cookies!

User Info: Luqid

Luqid
2 months ago#19
geertmatthys posted...
size isn't everything, when you're in a damn boat in Skellige going to pointless question marks you wonder what you're doing with your life. I'm playing AC Odyssey now and same thing, in a boat chasing some marker for 100hrs. Kill me....

LOL - this is always the correct response.

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 months ago#20
@Luqid posted...
@geertmatthys posted...

LOL - this is always the correct response.

That's why I turn map markers off. Those are things you should just discover by accident, not be a checklist of things you feel obligated to do because games are naturally perfectionists.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Holy crap this game is huge.