You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Holy crap this game is huge.

User Info: SangreMuerta

SangreMuerta
3 months ago#1
Im technically supposed to travel away from norvigrad but there is still so much to do. This area alone could be the entire game. It's actually a little overwhelming. I've got quests for days and still haven't explored half the map.

I'm regretting not finishing the first game or giving the second one much of a try( but I really didn't like it).

User Info: bubbaX

bubbaX
3 months ago#2
I kno i tried at friends house imma get but i so overwelmed and intimidated and he calls me p****

Lol

Advice on game plz...never played a witcher game.
Mad Cartoonist is the very best dissida player ever!

User Info: Metallic Slug13

Metallic Slug13
3 months ago#3
SangreMuerta posted...
Im technically supposed to travel away from norvigrad but there is still so much to do. This area alone could be the entire game. It's actually a little overwhelming. I've got quests for days and still haven't explored half the map.

I'm regretting not finishing the first game or giving the second one much of a try( but I really didn't like it).

The Witcher 2 is just as well written as the third game (Maybe even better written, on average), so it's a great story to play through. The scale of 3 blows 2 out of the water though, it really is overwhelming. In any case, both games have given me lots of good memories, so I want to go back and play the first game one day.

bubbaX posted...
I kno i tried at friends house imma get but i so overwelmed and intimidated and he calls me p****

Lol

Advice on game plz...never played a witcher game.

There are topics on here with specific advice. My less technical, more general advice would be to just enjoy as much of the content as possible, as most side quests are well done - Just do as much as you please. I would also remember that if a side quest sounds important to the plot, it probably is.
http://i.imgur.com/iiVW2FA.jpg

User Info: marcussl55

marcussl55
3 months ago#4
It sure is, I started this game 1 week prior to Christmas, and been playing it every day, and I'm still not done.
___"you cant just assume people are gonna shoot back at you...its an unknown, unknown...

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
3 months ago#5
size isn't everything, when you're in a damn boat in Skellige going to pointless question marks you wonder what you're doing with your life. I'm playing AC Odyssey now and same thing, in a boat chasing some marker for 100hrs. Kill me....

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
3 months ago#6
marcussl55 posted...
It sure is, I started this game 1 week prior to Christmas, and been playing it every day, and I'm still not done.

I played it for 6 months and I didn't even get around to the second (and better?) expansion.

User Info: Ratchet_Fan8

Ratchet_Fan8
3 months ago#7
geertmatthys posted...
size isn't everything, when you're in a damn boat in Skellige going to pointless question marks you wonder what you're doing with your life. I'm playing AC Odyssey now and same thing, in a boat chasing some marker for 100hrs. Kill me....

Skellige is so annoying,least time spent there
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou.html

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
3 months ago#8
Ratchet_Fan8 posted...
Skellige is so annoying,least time spent there
but the soundtrack is awesome. I also like Skellige because the various monsters I can encounter here.
I like Novigrad only because it has so many human enemies I can do the finisher on them.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 months ago#9
After the greatness that is Novigrad with its busy streets, amazing atmosphere and intriguing quests and characters I felt Skellige was a bit boring, although beautiful. But on later playthroughs it kinda grew on me, it also feels peaceful after all the s*** going down in Novigrad.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Zaikeil

Zaikeil
2 months ago#10
I have been playing The Witcher 3 since day one, and I have yet to find all markers before I went and did NG+, man did I annoy a friend of mine, since he does have ocd. Even then, I have yet to find very location, though I did not like having to go walking through Skellige without having any fast travel markers, and being at a low enough level to where the enemies levels were red. The funny thing is, I am beating all three Witcher games backwards. Need to wait until I have a computer before attempt to play the first game.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Holy crap this game is huge.