• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Gwent on highest difficulty

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#1
Is a straight cheese.

The AI always seems to have just the right miracle card to throw out to counter your final card. I was owning this merchant and his monster deck with frost cards and that Scorch 7 card. Then his last card turns out to be a Clear Weather card, lol.

Anyone else got rekt by the AI's final card?
Who cares? Just play the game instead of popping a blood vessel over meaningless sh.. - DoMyBest

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#2
If you play carefully AI will pass with 2 cards on its hand, those are scorch cards.
Play recklessly and you will get wrecked for sure.

User Info: FruitTella94

FruitTella94
1 month ago#3
Last played this game beginning of last year but if my memory serves me right just have x2 of the enemy faction weakness weather card (remove excess weather cards from deck) and play with a different row of units alongside special units.

In my experience from keeping weather cards right till the end until they use clear weather as a option or running out of cards ect, that normally tends to beat em.

But again from experience reloading will most likely become your save and grace during tournaments, *fu* spy cards :)
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYwc7ihvCQPmzD2/giphy.gif

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
1 month ago#4
It's only hard when you start out coz your starter cards suck.
It's actually pretty easy once you have enough hero cards.

What I usually do is activate weather effects to screw up the opponent's cards & then I just spam the crap out of heroes as I save Geralt or Ciri for the final round since their card alone is usually enough to outrank whatever cards the CPU has left after you used weather effects to make them waste their cards.

I also always have at least 3 spy cards & two decoys that I use on the spies just to ensure that I have a bigger deck than the cpu does by the 2nd round.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
1 month ago#5
Oh you should also save cards like Yenne's for the 2nd or 3rd round since her type of card is most effective after you've already wasted some of your strongest non-hero cards during the first round.

Yenne can bring back a card from the discarded pile into the battlefield. Her stats seem upper mid-tier but I find her to be one of the more useful cards since she almost always tips the scale in Ciri or Geralt's favor depending on which card she decides to draw from the discard pile.

Another good card is the one that eliminates the strongest melee card, even better if you have decoy coz you can use it more than once during the same round.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#6
kiss_utama posted...
If you play carefully AI will pass with 2 cards on its hand, those are scorch cards.

On the highest Gwent difficulty, I've seen the AI use both Scorch cards in the first round.

The AI throws out a 5.
I throw a 6.
AI - Scorch.
I throw a random card.
AI throws a counter card.
I throw a counter card.
AI - Scorch.
Who cares? Just play the game instead of popping a blood vessel over meaningless sh.. - DoMyBest

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#7
HopesPeak posted...
It's only hard when you start out coz your starter cards suck.
It's actually pretty easy once you have enough hero cards.

What I usually do is activate weather effects to screw up the opponent's cards & then I just spam the crap out of heroes as I save Geralt or Ciri for the final round since their card alone is usually enough to outrank whatever cards the CPU has left after you used weather effects to make them waste their cards.

I also always have at least 3 spy cards & two decoys that I use on the spies just to ensure that I have a bigger deck than the cpu does by the 2nd round.

I'm honestly starting to enjoy the Nilfgaardian deck more since it seems like I can acquire hero and special cards for that deck the quickest.

I've been playing every merchant I can find. I even managed to beat that crazy Gwent dude in Vizima Palace or whatever it's called. The palace right before you go to Velen.

I'm midway through Novigrad and I only have two hero cards for my Northern Realms deck. Perhaps hings will get better once I get those Gwent cards from Zoltan's quest.

The only thing I like about Northern Realms is the extra card for winning a round perk.

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#8
HipHopBeats posted...
kiss_utama posted...
On the highest Gwent difficulty, I've seen the AI use both Scorch cards in the first round.

The AI throws out a 5.
I throw a 6.
AI - Scorch.
I throw a random card.
AI throws a counter card.
I throw a counter card.
AI - Scorch.
maybe you didn't read because I wrote if you play carefully as I do: AI throw out a 5, I throw Gaunter O'Dimm darkness it's 4 point card, and it will muster 2 other Gaunter O'Dimm darkness cards, so enemy has a card with 5 point, I have 3 cards with total 12 points (3×4), and he can't scorch me.
And I will keep playing below his cards or if I can't, I will use hero card which he also can't scorch. At the end he will pass with 2 scorch cards still on his hand.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Gwent on highest difficulty
  • Topic Archived