• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Would I miss a lot if I start the series with Witcher 3?

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#31
SoulOfFayth posted...
He also fought a Zeugl in a trasheap outside a city in the short story 'a shard of ice' iirc, but that must be a different one from the one mentioned by Geralt in this game, since I think he was talking about fighting it in the sewers and apparently Vesemir was with him. Always wondered what that referred to, maybe I should try playing Witcher 1 after all if I can find a way to eliminate the combat like I did in Witcher 2.

Yes i meant that one, couldn't remember the name of the story
Earth is the melting pot of the universe - Doom Eternal

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 month ago#32
SoulOfFayth posted...
He also fought a Zeugl in a trasheap outside a city in the short story 'a shard of ice' iirc, but that must be a different one from the one mentioned by Geralt in this game, since I think he was talking about fighting it in the sewers and apparently Vesemir was with him. Always wondered what that referred to, maybe I should try playing Witcher 1 after all if I can find a way to eliminate the combat like I did in Witcher 2.

Set the combat to either easy or actually medium is the best. In easy it is straight hack and slash and nothing is a challenge. So you just kill everything without any worries.

In medium you get a visual clue (flashing sword) that tells you when to swing for combos. It's still super easy and if you go heavy Igni you can just burn or firebomb most things. So combat can basically be ignored and shouldn't impact your game at all.

What I really loved about the game is that you have just gotten back from the Hunt but with amnesia. This means you don't know much about witcher lore or their "code of conduct". The game becomes a personal choice as to what the witcher code should mean to you. It lays the ground work for all future games and is the single biggest break from the books.

This is where you can develop YOUR Geralt's morality. It gives you the foundation for the other two games to make choices that a "book" Geralt would not make. You are faced with many, and I do mean many, of these choices. Plus the entire Scoia'tael vs. human story lines are laid out. It leads right into the Irovath path choice of TW2 and why you would or would not pick it.

The game lays the ground work for the Lodge and their assassination plots. It gives insight into Triss and your relationship. But as I said the biggest thing is how it forces the player to determine what actually is neutrality and what or who monsters are. In fact you have three main choices in the game. Be neutral, side with the Scoia'tael or side with the Flaming Rose (humans).
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
Vote for Jobs and not Mobs.

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
1 month ago#33
No. Game is incredible.

User Info: stojekar

stojekar
1 month ago#34
I started with 3, never looked back.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Would I miss a lot if I start the series with Witcher 3?
  • Topic Archived