• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. What is the story of how witchers got Kaer Morhen? (minor spoilers perhaps)

User Info: murrowboy1

murrowboy1
1 month ago#1
Anyone got the short version? So witchers did a good deed so they get an entire piece of land to themselves? I only know Vesemir there. So, no rent, no mortgage, they just... own it? Somehow and nobody with an army wants to invade it? 3-10 witchers vs an army of 1000's?

Some light please :)

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#2
What I gathered from the books is that it's just a secret and very remote location, deep in the wilderness where no one would ordinarily find it. But I guess that doesn't explain how the keep got there.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#3
No army will go there and invade because it's so remote and the cold weather it'll be like Napoleon attacked Russia, they will be defeated by weather alone before clashing with the witchers.
But nearby peasants once invaded the school, you will gather the story when you do mission in Kaer Morhen.

User Info: preachinsin

preachinsin
1 month ago#4
^ The stories add that the few remaining Witcher’s left the bodies of the dead peasants as a warning, but in truth the attack darn near wiped the Witchers out.

While it remains something of a stronghold, it is likely little more than a barely mentioned curiosity to most by the time of the Witcher game series.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!

User Info: BlackHoleEyes

BlackHoleEyes
1 month ago#5
It's an old old fortress, half ruined. It's way out in nowhere and has no strategic value.
We never learn how they got it, but apparently they've had it for hundreds and hundreds of years.
FC: 4854-6425-9460. Rock Safari: Nosepass, Magcargo, Barbaracle
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. What is the story of how witchers got Kaer Morhen? (minor spoilers perhaps)
  • Topic Archived