Is there any point in following a build guide without going NG+?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Is there any point in following a build guide without going NG+?

User Info: Dyson

Dyson
5 months ago#1
Was planning on following a build but the more I think about it, if I have to do NG+ for it I don't think it will be worth it for me. I really don't want to go through the hassle of collecting gwent cards again and just redo a huge massive open world game. For me an adventure game like this is one and done just because the story wouldn't be anything special for me playing it again.
PSN ID - Dyson350

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
5 months ago#2
Don't then. A potion of clearance is only 1,000 so it's easy enough to respec later if you change your mind.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.

User Info: ddallmas

ddallmas
5 months ago#3
Dyson posted...
Was planning on following a build but the more I think about it, if I have to do NG+ for it I don't think it will be worth it for me. I really don't want to go through the hassle of collecting gwent cards again and just redo a huge massive open world game. For me an adventure game like this is one and done just because the story wouldn't be anything special for me playing it again.

Assuming you've played the expansions and free dlc stuff in one playthrough. Then leave the game be and come back too it in a few years that's what I did in the year it came out think I played it a few times lol, then did a complete fresh playthrough with all dlc and expansions it really is nice too come back too
Psn-domdomsworld

User Info: bmouse6

bmouse6
5 months ago#4
You can follow any build till the end of NG. The only difference is that you will probably end up with Mastercrafted gear and depending on your setup you could be a bit short on skill points for mutations, that's all.
PSN: bmouse
The thrown rose is only significant in it's insignificance.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
5 months ago#5
A build guide is only necessary for those who are either new to the game (and perhaps the genre), they are playing on the hardest difficulty, or they just don't feel like thinking about the choices to make for their own build.

It may not be Skyrim, but you can ultimately decide what to get depending on how you play and what obstacles you encounter. For example, do you find yourself using your sword (and light attacks) more often while also constantly healing with potions in battle, and using food after battle? Perhaps you'd like the following perks:

Muscle Memory
Metabolism Boost
Gourmet

Go for whatever it is you think you need, and not bothering to spend points on anything until you end up stuck somewhere or against something. Consider it an adaptive system rather than a preemptive system.
I may control all the elements, but I sure can't control all the people in this world... at least, not without fear.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Is there any point in following a build guide without going NG+?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived