So what are some good characters to use? *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  3. So what are some good characters to use? *spoilers*

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
2 years ago#1
Right now i've just finished chapter 3 and got Mamori.

Right now I feel forced into Tsubasa because she is the only one who can heal in my party.

But i've been switching to Touma and Ellie.

Who should I be focusing on? Is Mamori any good?

User Info: RPGZero

RPGZero
2 years ago#2
Mamori is arguably the best character in the game.

She's a total tank (except against attacks she's weak against), she has a skill that allows her to support defend for others when they're attacked (activated randomly), does great physical damage, gains quite a few immunities, and gains an attack called Shellsplitter which does great damage as well lowers the enemy's defense.
"You may take my life, but I will take your soul!"-Paptimus Scirocco, Zeta Gundam

User Info: metroid02

metroid02
2 years ago#3
Well, a lot of people seem to agree that Ellie is probably the least useful of the bunch (I would probably agree with that statement).

I cant really say much about Mamori because, in my case at least, I never really had much use for her. She may have had a lot of HP and she is really useful at saving some people, but to me it always seemed like the enemies were hitting her weak spots which meant she quickly became one of my weaker members who was always prone to getting hurt. I ended up basically never using her (though I did always try to level her appropriately).

In the early stages I found Kiria to be really useful because of her strong magic attacks however her lack of speed and ability to withstand hits made her difficult for me to use properly in the later sections of the game.

By the end of it all I mainly focused (and eventually won the game) with the original trio. Yashiro was also very useful but s/he didnt end up becoming part of my main cast.

Just FYI: I kept all my characters (save itsuki of course) around a level or two within each others' range so I could always compare directly how they were doing.
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8

User Info: bolalixo

bolalixo
2 years ago#4
RPGZero posted...

She's a total tank (except against attacks she's weak against), she has a skill that allows her to support defend for others when they're attacked (activated randomly), does great physical damage, gains quite a few immunities, and gains an attack called Shellsplitter which does great damage as well lowers the enemy's defense.

I dont think the things are that simple, there lots of options there.

I was always changing the group around depending the dungeon i was. Its cool to find the trio that are doing the most sessions because as you keep getting new session skills, the best trio will vary.

I also recomend to change everyone class at the end of the game, to get the rest of the best session skills for everyone.

User Info: RPGZero

RPGZero
2 years ago#5
I did the same thing, changing everyone around. It's almost necessary at times. I just found Mamori to be the most dependable character in terms of any situation where I wasn't facing anyone who could exploit her weaknesses too hard.
"You may take my life, but I will take your soul!"-Paptimus Scirocco, Zeta Gundam

User Info: Sheeplet

Sheeplet
2 years ago#6
Don't drop Mamori's passive skill that increases her hit rate. You can't get it back, and I had to pump her full of skill incenses to make up for it.
Mrgrgr

User Info: space244

space244
2 years ago#7
jenrais posted...
Right now i've just finished chapter 3 and got Mamori.

Right now I feel forced into Tsubasa because she is the only one who can heal in my party.

But i've been switching to Touma and Ellie.

Who should I be focusing on? Is Mamori any good?

Keep in mind that early game you can usually use items to heal so you don't always need a dedicated healer. Items can be used to replace a lot of skills like the buff skills so be sure to use them.

bolalixo posted...
RPGZero posted...

I dont think the things are that simple, there lots of options there.

I was always changing the group around depending the dungeon i was. Its cool to find the trio that are doing the most sessions because as you keep getting new session skills, the best trio will vary.

I also recomend to change everyone class at the end of the game, to get the rest of the best session skills for everyone.

I'm not sure I could call Mamori the most dependable character she's definitely useful with her sp heals and ability to tank but she can only tank single hit attacks and she's not that good at tanking magic its not uncommon to have bosses spam multi hit or magic attacks. Along with that Mamori learns no multi hit attacks except for her promoted special so it makes bosses more difficult to defeat. Lastly she doesn't have access to Ice expertise. This i kind of weird considering most of her session attacks are ice but i find her ice session attacks kind of weak because she doesn't get it.

bolalixo I'm not sure why you but a spoiler tag about class change but i just want to say you should use master seals as soon as you get them. The carnages permanently unlock when you become that so there's no reason to not use them as soon as you get them

User Info: bolalixo

bolalixo
2 years ago#8
bolalixo I'm not sure why you but a spoiler tag about class change but i just want to say you should use master seals as soon as you get them. The carnages permanently unlock when you become that so there's no reason to not use them as soon as you get them

You are right, i was using my master seals as i was getting them, at least till i change everyone class the first time. After that i didnt know if a second class would appear (which i hoped for), and close to the end, when i realized that it would not happen, then i changed everyone class to unlock the rest of the skills. But, yes, i agree with you, its better to use right away.

User Info: TerminusEdge

TerminusEdge
2 years ago#9
Sheeplet posted...
Don't drop Mamori's passive skill that increases her hit rate. You can't get it back, and I had to pump her full of skill incenses to make up for it.

The only time I ever had an issue with accuracy on Mamori is when I didn't realize that her Girimekhala weapon lowers her hit rate massively, and I use her almost all the time.

User Info: kelvSYC

kelvSYC
2 years ago#10
Defensive Mamori is highly recommended for a reason, and almost every defensive Mamori set should run Iron Wall and Taunt, in order to draw aggro and try and switch her to guard when she gets hit. (This also means that counter Yashiro is a bad partner for her, since Yashiro also needs to draw aggro.) As others have pointed out, you will probably need to burn through your Res incenses (or run healing) to get her to survive the odd Agidyne that comes her way.

Offensive Mamori is hampered by her relatively shallow offensive movepool (the only real difference in command skills is running more than one axe attack and maybe getting rid of dual guard), but it can be useful. (Remember that The Tunnel Home runs off of Mamori's strength stat, and is basically the only healing in the game that runs off of strength rather than magic. At a high enough strength, it's preferable to Give Me only because it takes one character out of the follow-up session instead of two, and it's likely that Mamori's strength is better than Tsubasa's magic.)
I am not here, am I?
  1. Boards
  2. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  3. So what are some good characters to use? *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived