You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Ummmmm.... what am I missing about this farming guide?

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
3 weeks ago#11
If you never bothered with the online, that probably means you didn't spend tickets either.

That means you have a good stash to make progress towards Ares already
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
Little Samson is my most wanted for Smash Bros. Ultimate

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
3 weeks ago#12
NE_OC posted...
If you never bothered with the online, that probably means you didn't spend tickets either.

That means you have a good stash to make progress towards Ares already

I was under the impression that you dont get tickets if you're not online.

NE_OC
3 weeks ago#13
Unless you literally don't have an internet connection, you're always playing online. (And since you're on GameFAQs, I'll assume you have an online connection. Though there's some posters that couldn't connect their Wii U for whatever reason, but they're the exception)

Tickets are earned mostly through Squad Tasks completion (those orange thingies in the bottom right corner) regardless of whether it was you who completed it or not.

Here's a rundown:
• If you make progress through an objective (Squad Task), you get a couple tickets
• If the objective is completed, everyone in the squad gets a few tickets, and an online mission (Squad Mission) is unlocked
• If you participate in an online mission and complete it, you'll get a few tickets as well, along any other player that might have been in your party, if you decided to wait for other players to join.
• If all the objectives get completed, everyone in the squad gets a bunch of tickets
• If all the online missions get completed as well, everyone gets a large amount of tickets.
• If there was a secret online mission, that was unlocked by fulfilling a side-objective in one of the missions, and subsequently completed, everyone will get an even bigger amount of tickets

So basically, you don't even need to do anything to earn reward tickets. And the Squad Tasks are so general (i.e.: kill theroid) that you might even accidentally contribute to them and earn a little bonus.
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
(edited 3 weeks ago)

KOTRsss
3 weeks ago#14
I'm not signed into a nintendo ID though.

NE_OC
3 weeks ago#15
Ah rip your Ares then.

The only way to get reward tickets without playing online, is by 100%ing the game. You'll get only 5000 though, so spend them wisely

KOTRsss
3 weeks ago#16
I could create a nintendo ID (god only knows what the log in info is for my old one) but I'd still be starting from scratch right?

NE_OC
3 weeks ago#17
Yeah.

Nothing prevents you from doing postgame stuff and letting the tickets accumulate on its own though.
On the other hand, while online missions can be done with your AI party, doing them with other players is a lot of fun, but… if that's the route you wanna go, I imagine you'll spend a good while waiting for others.

KOTRsss
3 weeks ago#18
Hmm. What would be your rough guess as to how long it would take to accumulate enough tickets to get the materials that I cant farm normally?

NE_OC
3 weeks ago#19
If there's a nemesis around, just an afternoon. Especially if you actually manage to find someone with a good Skell for farming.

Then again, to participate in Nemesis battles, you need BLADE Medals, which are obtained by Scouting players and raising their levels 3 times… which can't be done offline… so yeah.

Still, just a few days.

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
3 weeks ago#20
The only Ares component that you *need* tickets for is the Golden Yggralith Heart; everything else can be farmed without too much difficulty once you're in postgame. Neilnail masks and Vita Cores can be gotten by just grinding out Time Attack missions, and the rest are all conventional drops from ordinary enemies. Just get enough Treasure Sensor and smash 'em.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Ummmmm.... what am I missing about this farming guide?