You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Ummmmm.... what am I missing about this farming guide?

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
1 month ago#1
Just trying to make some money to buy another level 50 Skell and I found this guide:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/walkthroughs/15227-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-How-to-Farm-Credits-Fast

It's telling me to fight Crazed Aeviters and sell the drops but from what I can tell material drops sell for like 50 credits? What am I missing?

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
1 month ago#2
Nah, if you want money, go fight Joker.

People with outdated as s*** information say he's great for postgame weapons, but that's not quite true. Joker himself is good for postgame weapons, yes, but the 20 or do blattas that surround him waste your time dropping weapons a tier below.

…which, in this case, is amazing for making money.

You can also fight Aquatic Visigels inside Sylvalum's Noctilucent Sphere, though you gotta be careful with bothering Pharsis.
They'll drop top tier weapons, and you can sell anything they drop for a large sum.

Both alternatives involve 65+ enemies (the Blattas being Lv61~65, Visigels at Lv66+, Joker at Lv90) but they're all very manageable even with Lv50 Skells.

Bring good AoE for Joker (Phoenix is a very good choice) and do NOT BRING ANY AOE for the Visigels (Pharsis has a gigantic hitbox that's very easy to hit with any weapon that has the smallest resemblance to an AoE attack. Make sure you only use Single Target weapons)

Edit: Ok, I checked the "guide". Honestly, it is pretty bad.
I can't say for the earlygame method, as I forgot how much collectibles sell for. Furthermore, that cave is kinda annoying to traverse without a Skell, there's a much better cave in Oblivia's east coast, with lots of collectibles packed together—less than Buchwald cave overall, but much much more convenient.

Midgame method is… why is it even a suggestion. It's absolutely and completely horrid. Crazed Aeviters are really threatening. And the most baffling thing is that Joker is like, right next to that place. I'm starting to forget a lot about this game, but I'd still question the notion than nuking 20 blattas is harder and not midgame-accessible, while killing a couple Crazy Aeviters is easier and trivial for a midgame player… and this is without even going into the fact that there's like two of them or so.
Seriously, when you want money specifically, you wanna find a place with many Lv61+ enemies.

Postgame method, no. Just no. At that point you wanna farm for good weapons anyway, so might as well kill two birds with one stone, as the rejects sell for a large sum (20k a piece)
The only reason you want to spend your time with that mission is if you're short on Miranium and you really want to open an Augment slot asap instead of waiting for FrontierNav to tick. Never do that mission with money as your primary goal—postgame there's absolutely nothing worth buying with money.
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
Little Samson is my most wanted for Smash Bros. Ultimate
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Abarax

Abarax
1 month ago#3
Farming the Squall Blattas for class/level exp and money is by far the easiest way; ONCE you get flight module. When attacking from behind, with an r-atk shield, you can kill them all with any pheonix, shop amdusias (has thermal attribute armour), and the ez to craft skell r-acc xv and insect slayer xv augs.

Just blast them all to bits and sell everything easy money with minimal investment.

User Info: Tskidless

Tskidless
1 month ago#4
I recommend making some accuracy augments as well as some insect slayers for your Skell since Joker has high evasion.

Oh look I got ninja'd just like old times.
Just existing though life.
(edited 1 month ago)

KOTRsss
1 month ago#5
What am I supposed to be selling for money though? Material drops from enemies sell for next to nothing. That's what confused me about the guide.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Tskidless

Tskidless
1 month ago#6
Weapons and armor since the only materials that sell for a decent price are dropped by Gold Blatta's and killing Joker and the Blatta's nearby him is even faster.
Just existing though life.

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
1 month ago#7
Yeah, no material sells for a good amount of cash. There's one exception and it's dropped by only two tyrants with a very low spawn rate

Selling gear is the money maker
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
Little Samson is my most wanted for Smash Bros. Ultimate
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Shieldlesscap

Shieldlesscap
1 month ago#8
go to big tree

kill bug, get potentially good weapon

kill other bugs, get less good weapon

sell less good weapons

MAYBE keep good weapon

ez

Oh and set up frontiernav while you're at it. Maybe I'm thinking of minerals (Haven't played in a while), but you should be able to make a s*** ton of money fairly quickly.
Official Captain Falcon and Frothingslosh of the Smash Ultimate board
Switch FC: 5175-3136-4330

KOTRsss
1 month ago#9
So I've been playing through the entire game not bothering with any online features because I dont care and I just found out now that I'm in post game that I basically need tickets in order to build an ares 90. fuuuuuuuuuuuu that.

User Info: Shieldlesscap

Shieldlesscap
1 month ago#10
KOTRsss posted...
So I've been playing through the entire game not bothering with any online features because I dont care and I just found out now that I'm in post game that I basically need tickets in order to build an ares 90. fuuuuuuuuuuuu that.

Personally I found it fairly easy to get without tickets, I just farmed for a Lailah Queen and by the time that was finished, I already had nearly all of the materials I needed to build an Ares
Official Captain Falcon and Frothingslosh of the Smash Ultimate board
Switch FC: 5175-3136-4330
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Ummmmm.... what am I missing about this farming guide?