• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Monolithsoft profits up from last FY

User Info: rentanopon

rentanopon
5 years ago#1
Monolithsoft recently posted financial results for the fiscal year ending march 2016. Total profits were 2.7 billion yen, an increase over the 1 billion yen reported for the last FY.

http://gamebiz.jp/?p=163918

Let's hope this is enough for them to keep cranking out those lovely RPGs.

User Info: Enoemaa

Enoemaa
5 years ago#2
That's awesome, hope that bodes well for them going forwards.

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
5 years ago#3
rentanopon posted...
Monolithsoft recently posted financial results for the fiscal year ending march 2016. Total profits were 2.7 billion yen, an increase over the 1 billion yen reported for the last FY.

Thats pretty good

User Info: Sinamoi

Sinamoi
5 years ago#4
Can we get some more XCX DLC Monolith?

Please take my money..
Manage your expectations.

User Info: flameheadshero

flameheadshero
5 years ago#5
Seems like they've moved on. If only the Wii U wasn't a failure.

User Info: Willians

Willians
5 years ago#6
YEAHHH, so glad to see this, I want to see Monolith Soft grow and show the world how much impressive their games can get. This company will create a giant name for they, mark my words

User Info: arcenal352

arcenal352
5 years ago#7
flameheadshero posted...

I find it very unfortunate, but Nintendo is entirely to blame for said "failure." Too many controllers, for one.
Also, I don't recall any Nintendo console having so few releases. The vast majority of Nintendo fans don't give a crap about hardware specs. They want first party games, and loads of them.

User Info: flameheadshero

flameheadshero
5 years ago#8
arcenal352 posted...
flameheadshero posted...

I find it very unfortunate, but Nintendo is entirely to blame for said "failure." Too many controllers, for one.
Also, I don't recall any Nintendo console having so few releases. The vast majority of Nintendo fans don't give a crap about hardware specs. They want first party games, and loads of them.

Well, it's very hard to crank out games when you're basically the only one supporting your console AND you also have a handheld to deal with and you consoles not selling well. At all. 1st party games on Wii U are great. What they needed was 3rd party support. But the Wii U had many problems that all contributed to its failure. Had it been a success, Monolith Soft could be thinking about making their next game for Wii U but now they have to develop for a brand new console which will no doubt take more time and the sales of the Wii U surely effected the sales potential of this game. Good to hear their profits are up regardless.

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
5 years ago#9
Gamersoft posted...
rentanopon posted...

Eyyy, thats pretty good

User Info: MomoQca

MomoQca
5 years ago#10
Great news! I wonder how much XCX contributed to the overall profit... Is there a way we can estimate how much it sold?
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Monolithsoft profits up from last FY
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A